Ohio-Northeast
Options

Old barns/rustic venues for reception

I live near Medina/Wadsworth area and am looking for a close barn or rustic venue for our reception next August. We have looked at the Botzum farm but simply cannot afford what they are asking.

We are simple and rustic, but yet I am looking for a "rustic elegance" theme, if that makes sense! lol Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Re: Old barns/rustic venues for reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is Quailcrest Farms close to the Wooster area which is not that much further from Medina/Wadsworth. 
    Good luck
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Hale Farm? Also, the CVNP (probably 30 min from Wadsworth?) has a rustic lodge feel at their Great Hall at Happy Days in Peninsula.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Quailcrest Farms is awesome!  I have some photos from quailcrest if interested - PM me.  Also Boyert's Greenhouse in Medina has 2 buildings - barn and smaller lodge building available for rent that is offsite from their garden center.  I have not seen  them - only heard of them so may want to check out. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-northeast_old-barnsrustic-venues-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:111Discussion:3821f7ee-22c8-4bd0-96e5-44df44a18ce3Post:9cc50f58-d576-4f23-9496-827162e2036e">Re: Old barns/rustic venues for reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quailcrest Farms is awesome!  I have some photos from quailcrest if interested - PM me. 
    Posted by ayamm1123[/QUOTE]

We are looking for something similar as well. I would LOVE to see pics from Quailcrest! I will PM you my email addy. TIA!!

OP, I hope you find a venue that you love! We are looking into the same "rustic" type feel...locations in our area seem slim to none!
  • Options
    Laureena23Laureena23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh I didn't know Boyerts had buildings to rent..they aren't far from us or the wedding site at all. Thank you and thanks to everyone for the ideas..its very hard to find a place like we want. Stupid Ohio! lol
  • Options
    clcandow07clcandow07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't know if chesterland is to far but I booked berkshire hill cc and a friend booked alpine ski lodge (she said they couldnt pass up the price.
  • Options
    akilgore510akilgore510 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to see those photos of boyerts facilities if at all possible!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards