Texas-Houston
Options

Northwest Forest Conference Center...anyone been?

Hi! I have looked at getting married here and the gallery. I really like that it is full of trees at Northwest and they have hotel rooms on site. I was wondering if anyone has been to a wedding here or gotten married here. Thanks!

Re: Northwest Forest Conference Center...anyone been?

• Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I was in a wedding there back in October. I thought it was a really nice venue. Essentially the entire wedding stayed in one of the hotels on site (Las Flores) and it worked out really well. We even had one of the cabins at the bridal suite for us to get ready in. It was convenient because you could walk everywhere rather than having to drive from one place to another.

The ceremony was at the gazebo (La Terreza) and the reception was in the Settlement House.

Let me know if you have any questions. I don't know cost or anything because I was just a bridesmaid, but I can let you know more about the experience.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options

Thanks! I have visited and loved it just haven't seen many reviews on it since its not one of the more popular places. I like how everyone can stay in one spot since all my bridesmaids live out of town

• Options
    I'm having my wedding at Northwest next year. Since my wedding will be on a friday evening, they have a discounted price for the La Hacienda. We can have both our ceremony and reception there for less than at the Gallery.

I visited the Gallery as well, I really like the interior of it. Especially the bar area. The only downside was that you are right in the middle of everything and I was worried that out of town guest would have problems trying to get there in Houston traffic on a friday evening.
    May 2013 June Siggy: Flowers!
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    been there multiple times. I love it there! I didnt know about it when i got married or i probably would've looked into it.
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Options
    Thanks everyone!! I booked it for next year! Plus the price was hard to pass up for sure on this one!
  • Options
    When will your wedding be?
  • Options
    May 18th! Having the ceremony at the vernada and then the reception in la hacienda. How about you?
  • Options
    May 17th, We're having both ceremony and reception at the La Hacienda!
  • Options
    Awesome! We are almost wedding buddies!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_northwest-forest-conference-centeranyone-been?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:69d5bf5f-dd3a-4711-8f04-347a23be2246Post:8aa5c8c4-871f-4895-8314-0b9abadc2fd1">Northwest Forest Conference Center...anyone been?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I have looked at getting married here and the gallery. I really like that it is full of trees at Northwest and they have hotel rooms on site. I was wondering if anyone has been to a wedding here or gotten married here. Thanks!
    Posted by Lauritav[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I got married there at the beginning of May and have nothing but great things to say about the place.  They were very accomodating and the reception was beautiful!  We also had our rehearsal there and my bridal luncheon the day of the wedding.  Victoria and her staff are great!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards