August 2013 Weddings
Options

And it starts...(vent)

Not even engaged for a month and FI sister is already telling us what and what not to do. She got married almost a year ago and feels she is the expert on everything. Heck she has already told us she doesn't like our reception site and has asked numerous times if we called the priest yet. I realize she is a recent bride but I know what to do, I have some idea of who to call, etc. She was even mad she didn't get the first phone call when we got engaged...we told our parents first. UGH!

Sorry to vent!! I am afraid we are going to have to tell her to back off, she texts FI daily to see what I have done with planning so far! We don't even live in the same town as she does...any one else having to deal with something like this? Again, sorry about the vent!!

Re: And it starts...(vent)

• Options
    I would just lay low, hopefully she'll back off. If not, ask FI to tell her to back up and if you need help you'll reach out to her.

Obviously she's going to be over bearing if she was upset about not getting the first call you were engaged...
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    She must still be going through wedding withdrawal and your wedding is her fix.  I agree with Tiffany.  Just sit back and see if she continues.  If it does, let FH deal with her.  I am sure she is well meaning but having planned a wedding herself I am sure she would understand if you asked her to let YOU plan YOUR day.  Maybe you could assign her a task or two if she wants to be involved as your planning develops.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    Lyds85Lyds85 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Wow she sounds crazy! The other girls are right though, sounds like wedding withdrawl also she is probably just sooo excited and happy for you guys. I'm sure things will work out though. Maybe talk with your FI about it and see what he thinks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards