New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Hair stylist and makeup in Westchester?

Anyone have an recommendations? I live in Yonkers and I'm getting married at Beckwith Pointe in New Rochelle.

I usually get my hair done in NYC, but my usual place would charge $300 just to do my hair, and $150 each for the bridesmaids. I was told that is a very high price. So I'd like to do trials at other salons. I'm just not familiar with any.

As far as makeup goes, I don't have any ideas of who to use. Are there a lot of places that will provide both services? And will the makeup artists do trial runs as well?

Not sure if it matters, but I want my hair done very simply (meaning no elaborate up-dos). I'm planning on wearing it down with maybe just a little bit clipped back. Maybe something like this.

Re: Hair stylist and makeup in Westchester?

• Options
    Pam&AnthonyPam&Anthony member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I go to Halo Salon on Martha Avenue off of McLean Avenue (around the corner from St. Barnabas Church) They are amazing! Should call in for a trial.

I go to Sam or Jillian - they are both great and they can definetely do the pic you posted on here.

914-776-5727

They have a website
    http://www.halointhehood.com/home

Good Luck!

Pam
  • Options
    xtina_824xtina_824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make-up: Jill at JKFlashy. She has reasonable prices for brides and bridesmaids and does a free trial.
    BabyFruit TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Jill from JK Flashy for makeup.  Me and my girls looked amazing because of her!!!! http://jkflashy.com/

She books up fast, so I would contact her if your interested.

Also, Christine from Color Makeup Studio gets rave reviews on here as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How fast do stylists and makeup artists get booked up? My wedding is at the end of next September.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    they get booked FAST. especially Jill, so if you're interested in her call her asap. she's awesome and i too will highly recommend her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jill for makeup. She is amazing! I have never felt like my makeup was caked on when she did it. 845-661-7717

For hair I am using my normal stylist Christine from Salon Posh in Mamaroneck. There is another girl Gina that does bridal hair too that I know of.  914-899-3333
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christine from color makeup studio is amazing.  I used her for my wedding and two of my friends also used her. She is really affordable and is very talented.  I had the airbrush and it was so light feeling, I didn't even feel or look like I was wearing makeup. 
    www.colormakeupstudio.com
  • Options
    bridaljoybridaljoy member
    edited December 2011
    For hair I used John from the John Anthony Salon.  He may travel or you may have to go to him.  He is my normal hair stylist and also very talented.
  • Options
    foreverbossyforeverbossy member
    edited December 2011
    Christine from Color Make-Up is amazing! I never looked better
  • Options
    lauraNkieranlauraNkieran member
    edited December 2011

Heavenly Bodies on McLean does both hair & makeup.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards