DC
Options

wedding programs

anyone have any ideas for wedding programs-- where to get them, etc?

Re: wedding programs

• Options
    beautifulbizbeautifulbiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michaels using coupons.  You can type yourself with templates they provide online and I'll probably have Office Depot print... or you could print yourself!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or ... you could skip them altogether.  Just an option ...
  • Options
    C&VTC&VT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_wedding-programs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:57Discussion:43d43c08-12e2-4b3a-b403-4d1788863d56Post:e80be95b-b29e-47aa-8316-23c5b702304e">Re: wedding programs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or ... you could skip them altogether.  Just an option ...
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Always wondered about this myself.</div><div>What the etiquette requires & want is on the program (Dinner menu for that matter too).

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did them ourselves with publisher and had them printed at Office Depot. They turned out great for about half the cost.

M
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Am reading Miss Manners updated wedding book - I  think she did it last year when her daughter got married.  I got it out the library and it's *hilarious*.

She has a whole section on weddings becoming entertainment - she doesn't see programs as necessary, and worries that some of them are like 'theatre programs'.

I don't think you need one.  If your guests are expected to sing a hymn or the suchlike - an order or service ... is in order ;-).  I think her point is that having all the attendants and their bios etc listed is superfluous and not in keeping.  My take-away from Miss Manners is that the program's place is as a guide to the guests/congregation, nothing more.
  • Options
    dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up not doing them and I don't think anyone missed them.  I was going to make them myself and print them on cardstock using a template I found online (there are tons out there) but in the end I had other stuff to do that seemed more important.  I don't regret for a minute skipping them!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will not have programs.
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't want them but my Mom is insisting. I'm probably going to go the Michael's route... seems easiest and cheapest.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    bterry80bterry80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually created a program today for my upcoming bridal show and used a template from Microsoft Publisher and selected online templates.  They have a few to choose from and it turned out beautifully; was very easy to use.  You can print yourself or take file to Kinko's or other printing place.

I'd like to invite you to my upcoming luxury bridal show on 2/5/11 in DC- tickets on me.  If you're interested, email me directly at info@biancasamoneevents.com.  Visit the event site for details: www.aweddingsoiree.com

Cheers,

Bianca
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooo...kmartini, I'm a Ceresville bride, too!  I was going to do programs, but my parents and FH were all against the idea, wondering why one needs a program for the wedding.  We aren't having any hymns or anything, so it's not like the guests need words.  I couldn't come up with a good reason in our situation to spend the extra money, so we're going without.  If we WERE going to do it, we'd be going the Michaels-with-coupons route--that's how we've done invitations and favors, too.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards