Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Accepting invitation for a wedding shower.

Hi Ladies, 

When I got engaged (in Oct)  one of my friends, Sally, offered to give me a wedding shower...yesterday a friend, Melody, (a mutual friend to both me and the other friend Sally) offered to give me a wedding shower....should I go back to Sally and say something like "Hey remember when you offered to give me a shower, can I take you up on that?" or should I say yes to Melody and say that "Sally offered to give me a shower as well, maybe you two can get together?"

I don't want to offend Sally and take Melody's offer of a shower but, Sally offered to give me a shower 3 months ago and hasn't said anything sense. I feel weird about going back to Sally and saying something to remind her that she offered to give me a shower.....what should I do? 

Clear as mud huh? Sorry, I tried to make it clear. TIA. 

Re: Accepting invitation for a wedding shower.

• edited December 2011
    Maybe one could throw your personal shower and the other throw the shower for your house hold things? I had that issue as well. If you don't want to have two seprate showers like that, maybe they can work together on the one shower. If they're both friends, I'm sure they wouldn't mind working together for your shower.
  • Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_accepting-invitation-wedding-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c8b1e9cc-5126-4b41-99a6-947f46486790Post:56b8ab68-c628-4721-b232-35f5b8b21737">Accepting invitation for a wedding shower.</a>:
    [QUOTE]say yes to Melody and say that "Sally offered to give me a shower as well, maybe you two can get together?"
    Posted by commandz[/QUOTE]

I think this sounds good. That way you don't offend either one of them.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Normally the MOH throws the shower. So you may want to make sure she doesn't want to throw you one also.
  • edited December 2011
    I had an aunt of my fiancee mention throwing a shower for us on 3 diffrerent occassions, but now our wedding is 2 months away and she has not said anything about it the last three times I have seen her-I feel weird asking abut it, so I am just not going to say anythin about it. I think sometimes the cirsumstances of people change and they change their minds, so maybe your first friend osnt planning on doing anything anymore. I think she should bring it up to you thought and at least acknowledge that she said she was going to..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards