Florida-Central Florida
Options

Rehearsal Dinner

Anyone have any ideas for a cute (affordable) rehearsal dinner location in Celebration.  We are 3.5 months from our wedding and are at our budget.. no wiggle room.  We found out yesterday that we will unexpectedly have to take on the expenses for our rehearsal dinner.  We have about 40 people attending and DID NOT account for this in the budget, because we were told my MIL would be hosting.  I'd really like to get somewhere $1000 or less and I don't really know how likely this is to happen.  Any ideas would be incredibly helpful!!!  =)

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my rehearsal dinner at Fat Catz at Old Town.  They let us use the patio for our private patio.  I was a little "iffy" on that place since its not your usual place for a RD, but everyone had a great time and loved that it was such a relaxed environment.  We had more then 40 people (we invited everyone from out of state to attend) and we spent about $1200.  Anything in Celebration is going to be pricy I would think.  Good luck~
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Market Street Cafe in Celebration.  It's affordable, delicious food, and really good service.  Plus, if your guests want to drink and party afterwards, the Town Tavern is next door.
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!!  I'll definitely look into those options!!!  =D
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about going right outside Celebration. It's not going to be your cute small non-chain restaurant, but there are nearby options that could keep your cost down (i.e. Bennigan's). Another affordable idea (depends on if you have the space for this) is to just do a BBQ, you could cater in. The last rehearsal dinner I went to did this and I thought it was perfectly fine. They had it decorated very cute outside too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Britt, we would be totally open to doing that, but our concern is shuttling guests to the location.  About 75% of our guests are from out of town and we intentionally put everything right there in Celebration so that they could all not have to rent a car.  We had made this pretty clear to our wedding party from the beginning, so now I am almost positive no one plans to rent.  We're worried that the costs of rent a shuttle to get everyone out of celebration would probably cost us just as much as having it in celebration would.  =/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not too familiar with the celebration area but I believe there is a Mimi's Cafe there.  That is where I plan on having my rehearsal dinner.  They have a private party room and let your guests order everything off the menu.  We are also not providing any alcohol to keep costs down as well.  We plan on ordering a few appetizers for the table as well.  With each dinner salad being about $3 and the most expensive menu item being $15, we have an estimated price of about $800 for 30 people.  Hope this helps!
    image182 Invited! image108 Are ready to party!
    image74 Are seriously missing out! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh, Mimi's Cafe is a great idea!!!!  That would definitely fall in our budget.  Now to find if there is one close by...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Without knowing exactly where you are in Celebration.....the closest Mimi's Cafe to you would probably be the one in Hunters Creek....about 10 miles from Celebration.  Here is their info.

1251 W OSCEOLA PKWY
    KISSIMMEE, FL 34741

(407) 847-9603
    image182 Invited! image108 Are ready to party!
    image74 Are seriously missing out! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards