August 2013 Weddings

Quest.? Gift registry..

how soon did you all register or are you all waiting? idk if its too soon to register or is it the right time... lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Quest.? Gift registry..

• I am not sure when the right time is, but I was thinking maybe February after STDs go out?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Were planning on registering in february during that time we would be givin out our save the dates.
  • We are going to be Registering in January as my mom has told me she is sending out Shower invites in Feburary for an April wedding shower.
  • We are going to go ahead and register now, but then let people know later.
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know I'm not going to register until Feb. but a friend of mine brought up an interesting point to registering now.  She's not getting married until Oct next year but is already register in 2 places- she says now if people want to buy Christmas presents for them they can take a look at their registry (if they want) and they can actually get stuff they want rather then having family who want to buy them gifts ask outright or guess.  Her mother suggested they register now since family members have asked what they want already (and my friend already has a few things gone off her registry).  Thought it was an interesting thought on registering early.

June Siggy Challenge: Fav. Engagement photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very good question! We registered at Target last week and with Princess House. But I think we'll have to go back to Target in Jan/Feb because some items might not still be available. Fiance also wants to go to Williams Sonoma but we're not in a hurry to finish the registries. We haven't mentioned it to anyone, but it's on the wedding website. I think my sisters are going to do the bridal shower a month before the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were thinking of January. Before we send out save the dates and shower inviteds, but also not too soon that items my not be avalible anymore.
  • We registered at Macy's last weekend and we're going to register at Bed Bath and Beyond this weekend.  Some people have been asking us about registering since we got engaged (December 2011), so we wanted to get started now.  We actually found registering really overwhelming since we have nothing so we decided we're just going to do one section of the store at a time.  Macy's iPhone app allows you to use your phone as a scanner for your registry so you can go in as many times as you want without having to see the registry dept.  Macy's also had really great registry rewards.
  • We're going to be registering soon. My website is up and I want to get the information on there. Plus, I've had out of town family trying to solidify plans and want to send them our site. Also, we're sending out save the date's at the end of this month - I know, super early, but with a 5pm Friday evening wedding, I want people to be able to plan well in advance.

Stores have suggested registering before the holiday season to give people ideas for holiday gifts...not sure how I feel about the idea, but at the same time, it totally makes sense.

We are regsitering at Crate & Barrel and Bed Bath and Beyond.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had several people ask about our registry LAST year (we got engaged Aug 2011), in anticipation of the holidays. We still probably won't register until February/March. March might be nice ... we're both teachers, and since that's the longest month in public education we might need something fun to look forward to ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• We are going to start the registry next weekend at Bed bath and beyound. This will be the 9 month mark. We also want to register at macy's, and I know we won't get everything done in one day. Our shower will be in May, so we will probably sound out invites in march. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • wow! thank you so much for the feedback ladies! for some reason I was thinking it might've been too soon to register because people have already started asking me if we were registered somewhere. but then again I worry about the availability of some items later on. but the Fiance and I have some discussing to do... especially on where to register for gifts. bt yes all of your answers have given me some insight on the topic. thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards