Alabama

Photographer/Videographer in Huntsville/Madison area

Our wedding is October 8, 2011 in Huntsville, but I am currently living in South Carolina until late June and so am having to plan long distance at the moment. I'm looking for a photographer and a videographer, or one company that does both, whichever. Does anyone have any recommendations of someone they've used or known someone had used? I'm also looking for a photographer who will sell us the rights to the pictures for not an excessive amount of money (the only photographer I've found so far that would sell us the rights charged $2,500 just for the rights on top of the cost to take the pictures).
Thanks so much!

Re: Photographer/Videographer in Huntsville/Madison area

• hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's pretty crazy! I had a tough time finding a photographer around here that I liked their style, their prices, and their packages. (Including giving us all rights to reprint photos - that's a major one!) Photography is very important to me, and I had a pretty specific style in mind, so that's probably why it was so difficult. I looked and looked for a local photographer, but didn't find one that had everything I wanted, so I hired a photographer from Birmingham who travels. If you like I can PM you their info.

I'm not hiring a videographer so unfortunately I can't help you there. However, check out WeddingWire.com for local recs and WHNT's Best in the Valley (http://whnt.cityvoter.com/community/best-of) - the past few years that news station has been doing little ratings contests for local businesses based on customer votes, and I've found it's a good resource for all sorts of vendors.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I have a friend who is a photographer in the Huntsville/Madison area.  Check out caughtyouoncamera.blogspot.com.  She also has a facebook page called Caught You on Camera.  Her prices are reasonable (starting at $1,500 all day, pictures on cd and rights released) and she's really good at her job.  Even if you don't use her, she might be able to help you with a videographer.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help! I'll definitely check out those websites. And if you could PM me that info, I'd appreciate it!
  • tlmlne1tlmlne1 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

We are using Glassjar Photography and Claus Martel for videography for my daughter's wedding. Both of them are in Huntsville

• hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PM'd you!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    we are using Sweet Roots Photography & they include a print release to all photos, but they maintain Copywrite.  We paid $1250 for 2 photogs for engagement, bridal & unlimited time on day of wedding.

I have not booked a videographer yet.

What venue are y'all using?
  • MadeOfAwesomeMadeOfAwesome member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Claus Martel back in May 2010.  LOVED HIM!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It is difficult to get an experienced photographer for less than $3,000,  most of those offering low prices are just starting out or they do such a large number of weddings and they give you a CD of photos they do not retouch.  One of my girlfriends got a got burned and is now looking for someone to retouch her pics.  I had a beautiful wedding and did not spend much overall but did not skimp on my pictures.  I used Angela Karen Photography in Birmingham, she does travel, and includes the CD in some of her packages.  Be sure you like the photographer and their style, I talked with several in person before I selected mine.
  • edited December 2011

Try this photographer... SHE is great!  http://www.exclusivelyyoursphotography.com/

• kalayaclarkekalayaclarke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Sarah Jordan. She's in Northwest Florida but she travels. All her packages come with a disk with the rights plus other stuff. :) She's awesome.
    http://sarah-jordan-photography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards