November 2012 Weddings

Honeymoon??

Is anyone starting to think about honeymoon planning? We are thinking Hawaii! 

Re: Honeymoon??

• We are thinking Hawaii also! Yayyy! But not sure which island is best for a relaxing Honeymoon?
  • I'm already thinking...I want Hawaii too but I don't think it's in the budget when I see what we can get elsewhere and go for a longer trip.
  • FI and I booked & put the deposit down last week...we're doing Belize!! Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked ours last month.  For budget reasons, we're doing a cruise.  We'll be heading to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Grand Cayman.  Can't wait!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • we are going on a cruise too. We are leaving out of Ft Lauderdale and doing eastern Caribbean.
  • We are going to Europe!  2 weeks in Paris, Cinque Terre, and Rome here we come!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing an all incluve in P*nta Cana :)
  • FI and I discovered that we don't care for cruises too much. We were going to hop around Europe for a month or so next summer, but decided it wouldn't really feel like a honeymoon. He proposed in Disney World, so we're going to go back there during Thanksgiving week since we'll both be off for the week. Sad about not spending my first Thanksgiving as a married couple with my family, but excited about taking a honeymoon in the same month as my wedding. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are thinking of doing a caribbean cruise too!

**I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • AlmostMrsStrong - LOVE the idea of going back to where you got engaged! That will be so sweet & romantic. FI and I got engaged in Key West & plan on going back for our 1 year anniversary!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_honeymoon-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:0d1f8525-7a2a-4074-bc4b-a6f48d78a8e8Post:f70d637d-d791-422e-bf35-d1d3f53e0174">Re: Honeymoon??</a>:
    [QUOTE]AlmostMrsStrong - LOVE the idea of going back to where you got engaged! That will be so sweet & romantic. FI and I got engaged in Key West & plan on going back for our 1 year anniversary!
    Posted by kantonik[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree!  We got engaged in Chicago and I would love to go back for our 1 year anniversary.</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is so exciting! For the girls wanting to go to Hawaii, we decided to rent condos/private homes from homeaway.com and vrbo.com instead of going the hotel route. We are saving SO much money! And, we get a kitchen so we save money on eating out too. 

We heard the best island for relaxing is Kauai but it's rainy in November... so we are doing Big Island and Maui. 
  • We're going to St. Lucia for our honeymoon! We were originally thinking Hawaii but since we live in FL we really didn't want the 10 hour flight the day after our wedding and St. Lucia has very similar landscape but is only a 3 hour flight since it's in the Caribbean :)
    We actually got a killer deal so are able to stay at this fancy resort, Ladera, for 4 nights and 4 nights at one that is not so fancy but there happened to be a Groupon for only $1000 for both of us ALL inclusive. So with that we were able to do some nights at the fancier place since we never could have been able to afford to stay there a week otherwise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Awesome advice!..How is St.Lucia in November? We heard mixed things, weather-wise
  • We have NO idea, haha!  We are thinking maybe Iceland, or the Caribbean, or Australia, or Italy... totally different options!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_honeymoon-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:0d1f8525-7a2a-4074-bc4b-a6f48d78a8e8Post:df45ff51-a9c4-427b-aaa4-0eecef847cd4">Re: Honeymoon??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are thinking Hawaii also! Yayyy! <strong>But not sure which island is best for a relaxing Honeymoon?
    </strong>Posted by star1322[/QUOTE]

Don't do Oahu (Honolulu)! FI and I went to Hawaii for 6 days last February for our birthday and it was too urban for what we were looking for. We had a great time, but hadn't planned to fly to another island on that trip, so we hadn't budgeted for it. My MOH and her hubby went to Maui for their Honeymoon and she had a great time. My mom has gone to Big Island and Lanai and enjoyed them both too. I want to go to Big Island just to see Black sand.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_honeymoon-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:0d1f8525-7a2a-4074-bc4b-a6f48d78a8e8Post:31b6cd39-07ae-4fa4-b1d4-4d0e0890ff3b">Re: Honeymoon??</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We have NO idea, haha!  We are thinking maybe Iceland, or the Caribbean, or Australia, or Italy... totally different options</strong>!
    Posted by mrszeno34[/QUOTE]

Sounds like us! FI wants to go to Australia or South Africa. I want to go the Caribbean route, just because I don't want to spend the majority of our HM traveling. That's 2 days right there just going and coming back. Since we have 2 kids (5 and 18 mos), we can't be gone forever.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • edited February 2012
    were going to hawaii! were spending two nights in oahu at wakiki beach then 5 nights in kaui and 6 nights in maui. sooo excited!
    Nov 2012 Siggy: The ring!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For the most part I'm having faith that St. Lucia will be nice in Nov. Hurricane season is over mid October so late fall/winter is prime for that area, so here's hoping! If not we'll actually have our own mini pool in our room so I'm sure we will make do :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My FI hates to fly and I am a teacher so we are waiting until February and heading to either Vermont or NH so we can get snowed in together. He is researching....which is scary!
  • FI and I are planning on going to Riviera Maya but haven't booked yet
  • I'm in Canada and we cant decide where to go
    so far our top contenders are belize, puerto rico, costa rica.....honestly im more looking forward to the honeymoon then I am the wedding :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is all booked and we are going to St. Lucia!!!!!! We got a great deal at one of the Sandals Resorts. My FI and I just sit and stare at the pictures when it's snowing and cold here. I promised him that if we got married in November he can go somewhere warm on our honeymoon. I can't wait!
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Avondale and Star - We were unsure about booking there, too, but I have a friend who went at the beginning of October and December and both were amazing. I also have friends who have been married like, 30+ years whose anniversary is November 6 and they go to the Carribean every year and said they've never had bad weather. That sold us! :)
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards