Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Hair/Makeup?/Nails in Harrisburg or West Shore areas

Hello! I'm trying to determine if I want a stylist to come to the church and do mine and the girls' hair there or to take them somewhere to a salon as part of their BM gift.  I'm back and forth on having my make up done.. Part of me thinks I can just do it myself and save the money..  and I definitely want to get my nails done probably the day before since I'm getting married in the afternoon on Sat.  I was also thinking of gifting a mani/pedi for my BM, too.  Any suggestions or recommendations welcome!

Re: Hair/Makeup?/Nails in Harrisburg or West Shore areas

• Options
    jeheckmajeheckma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Galaxy Nails (location on Carlisle Pike - across from Petco and on Linglestown Road next to Papa John). I have been going there for 8 years and highly recommend them.
    *August Siggy for Dec. 2011 Brides* Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Melissa McHugh. Her prices are really reasonable. I think around $65 for bride's hair (same for make-up) and $45 for everyone else.
    She travels to you. She is centralized in Lancaster but she has told me that she goes to Harrisburg areas too.
    Don't think she does nails, but you could ask:

717-405-9529
    missymchugh@comcast.net

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    centralbridecentralbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out Patricia Solis
    www.elegantxpressions.net
    She is amazing and I know she travels as I met her in a wedding.  She is not cheap but look at her work and reviews. 
  • Options
    aras8609aras8609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does Patricia Solis do hair and makeup or just makeup?
  • Options
    centralbridecentralbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I went for my trial, she does only the makeup but her partner does the hair.  They work as a team.  She told me she just started offering the service to her brides because of having so many brides wanting to find a hair person. 
  • Options
    djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hair Visions in Harrisburg. They do hair and nails.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards