Second Weddings

Old new borrowed blue?

Hi ladies, just wondering if you are doing the Something Old, New, Borrowed, Blue tradition this time around. And if so, what you are using.

I think its kind of fun so I would like to do it again, but I'm stumped on the old item. Last time i wore an old necklace that I had, but a few years ago my house was broken into and all of my jewelery was stollen. Which sucks because I had a necklace that would have been soooo perfect too. So I don't really have anything old anymore. At least, nothing that seems easy to wear or carry with me.

Any suggestions?

Re: Old new borrowed blue?

• melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I figure *I* am the "old" this time around. :)
    10-10-10
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did it.  I put an 1820 English sixpence in my shoe, so it was the old and the "silver sixpence in her shoe."
  • edited December 2011
    I did it and the old was a ring that my father gave to my mother it was the first gift that he ever bought her it was my borrowed as well.
  • edited December 2011

Mine are:
    Old - my great grandmother's locket with photos of my Grandma and Uncle (who have all since passed)
    New- my dress
    Borrowed - A ring my Grandma left my Mom
    Blue - My shoes - flip-flops

Good luck on finding your something old.  Ask some relatives...  maybe you can get borrowed and old with one item!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

Melissa, your too funny :)

I'm going to do it, My something old will be a neckless that was my mothers.  My something new will be my dress, borrowed don't have anything yet.  For the blue I ordered a blue temporary tattoo that I'll put above my ankle and I think I have a six pence for my shoe

The tattoo I ordered from www.Idotattoo.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think that my "new" will be my ring, I plan on getting a blue bellybutton ring and I think that I will skip the others....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mswood1977mswood1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did this.  My old was my engagement ring, DH had my ring made using the diamond from his grandmother's engagement ring.  My new obviously was my dress, shoes pretty much everything I was wearing.  My borrowed and blue was the blue rosary his sister loaned me that I wrapped around my bouquet.
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My old is a picture of my parents on their wedding day.  This will be on my bouquet.  My dad passed away in April so this is very special to me.
    New- my ring
    Blue- I'm sure I'll stub my toe in the next 4 weeks
    Borrowed- not sure yet

• edited December 2011

I feel terribly uncreative and was skipping this because I didnt have any idea!  All I have is the something new - which is the dress.... Still working on the old, blue and borrowed... I do LOVE the tats! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards