Hawaii

Favors?

Just wondering what you ladies did for your wedding favors. I've seen these cute little straw boxes in lots of pictures but not sure what is inside them? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated (we are getting married on Maui). Thanks!

Re: Favors?

• fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a lot of folks have put chocolate covered macadamia nuts or hawaiian shortbread cookies in the lauhala boxes...any sort of hawaiian treat!  I've also seen them put in tote boxes or gift bags...  Then there's always palm fans or distributing leis to guests.  I think out-of-town visitors always appreciate something from the local area, which they normally wouldn't get at home.  HTH!

• edited December 2011
    i got these little pop up boxes from the Dollar Tree, and we are putting hawaiian tea inside! (i used to work for the company so the owners are donating the tea). i thought it would be something different and we love tea!
  • edited December 2011

We had the little lauhala boxes as our favors, and filled them with hawaiian shortbread cookies.  We got ours from Honolulu Cookie Company - you can choose from a bunch of different flavors (our pick - kona coffee and mango/pineapple).  The heart shaped cookies were just the right size to fit 2 in each box. 

• edited December 2011
    daveandjess2010 where did you buy the lauhala boxes?
  • edited December 2011
    We got the lauhala boxes at the Aloha Stadium swap meet (Wed and Sun every week on Oahu) while we were home doing wedding prep.  I believe they were 4/$1, but maybe they were 3/$1, I cant recall.  The swap meet is an awesome place to get cheap Hawaii things, great for wedding decor, favors, OOT bags, etc.

If you aren't in the islands pre-wedding, I know you can order them online somewhere - maybe other knotties can point you in the right direction, a lot of people have used them as favors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards