Catholic Weddings
Options

*Looks at calendar*

So, we now have less than two weeks to receive our delegation. The mail doesn't come on Thanksgiving, obviously, so it needs to arrive on the 25th. I'm really trying to refrain from emailing the priest everyday to ask where it is.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: *Looks at calendar*

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, it's really coming up quick! Crossing my fingers for you...
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A delegation is somewhat similar to a dispensation. Basically, there was some clerical error with my FI's confirmation in the Byzantine church. His confirmation should have served as a formal change of rite. Due to the error, since he was baptized Roman, he's still considered Roman.

Our wedding is in the Byzantine church. As most of us know, in the Roman church the couple "marries each other" to perform the sacrament, with the priest being a witness of sorts. In the Byzantine church, the priest is actually the one performing the sacrament.

Due to this difference, our priest needs permission from the Roman bishops in our hometown and the town of the wedding, as well as the permission of the Byzantine bishop in the town of the wedding, to perform our wedding. That is what the delegation is - permission. So, we're still waiting on that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards