October 2012 Weddings

Productive weekend!

Had a very productive weekend.  I said in the Saturday post that I had a busy saturday.  I got my photographer (linky) and my DJ booked (linky link).  My mom and I also bought the fabric for the shawls my BMs will be wearing/holding.  Thankfully my dad was there and understood what I wanted because we figured out that my mom was thinking something slightly different. So now we're all on the same page.  

I met with a florist and got a rough estimate for the flowers.  She's one of the shop owners but doesn't do that much with the wedding flowers. She said if we call during the week when one of the girls who does do the wedding flowers is there I can get a closer idea.  Even so it was probably a couple hundred under what we were thinking.

I want October to get here already!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Productive weekend!

• I can't wait for October either!  I was watching something on TV earlier today and someone was getting married and I started to tear up just thinking about how happy I am going to be when that day comes.  I felt so silly getting all emotional like that and it came out of no where.

Anyway, congrats on getting those things done.  What all are you planning to get from the florist?  Your bouquet inspiration pics are gorg!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • I haven't decided to use that particular florist yet.  Whichever florist we go with it'll be bridal bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, bouts for FI, Dad and 4 GM, 2 wrist corsages for grandmas, 2 corsages for moms, 2 altar flower arrangements for the church and two single white roses in vases (in memory of FI's dad and my grandpa).  My centerpieces are nonfloral and I'm not planing on decorating the church much because I like the natural beauty of the church.

I love Pinterest, and thank god for florists with Ipads.  We didn't take my dad's computer and my phone was taking too long to pull it up.  She pulled out her Ipad and connected it to the internet so I could sign in.  Once I showed her the inspiration pics and the colors I was going for things were a lot easier.  I know a few flowers that I like (circus roses, gerbera daises) but I'm mainly going for overall colors. I'm not set on having specific flowers.  

Your flowers are really pretty too.  Everytime I see peacock feathers I think of you and Dana (I think that's her name)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congrats! I really need to start looking for a florist. I just do t care much about flowers so I'm not motivated!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards