Oregon

Invitations...

are finally done!! FI and I sat down and did them last night. And I'm dropping them off at the post office this morning. I feel like a 20-pound weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

We only had one MAJOR screw up - He made us already MARRIED on the return address labels!!!! I did everything but that. Last night before I went to bed I asked him to print out the labels (my name/his name) and our address, etc. and stick them on. When I got up this morning, it was all done. I was so happy until I looked closer. 

But at this point not a whole lot I can do. I could get new envelopes and redo everything but that is just not going to happen due to budget and me not being crazy enough to redo 75 invitations. I'm trying to turn it into a funny story because what other choice do I have. I asked him why he did that this morning and his answer: "Because I already consider you my wife." Which is sweet. But still - it was one tiny thing. Next time, I'm proofing whatever he does! There's no way I'd post this on the E-board though - they'd eat me alive! Smile

Re: Invitations...

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What color are the labels?  Could you white out the names and just leave the address?  Is it only last name, or is it both of your first names and his last name?

Either way, I totally wouldn't worry about it.  No one will notice, or if they do they'll probably go "huh" and then move on.  If they say anything, you can either tell them what your soon to be H said or just say "we accidentally used the ones for after the wedding, oops!" and move on.

Congrats on having the invites done.  I remember that being such an awesome feeling.  And hey, at least you didn't make the mistake I did - we had three guest lists: My family, his family and friends.  I added them all up and ordered.  Didn't realize until after that I'd only added up my family and our friends and completely forgot to order enough for his family!
  • edited December 2011

That's really sweet and kind of hilarious... I wouldn't have fixed it either... cuz as long as the RSVP's get to you... who cares? lol

our return labels suck.. hahah I ended up just using my last name/his last name and our address...

with our first and last names combined it's a total of 28 letters which makes the lables look awful. hahaha.

I'm hoping to get my invites out this weekend.  I still have to print out 61 maps and my return labels. 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay to you for getting them done!  I could not believe how much better I felt when I got to shove those suckers in the mailbox.  It also makes me feel like all my DIY was worth it, because we got a ton of compliments on them, hurrah!  And look on the bright side Snarky, at least you had a working printer...I had to hand wrtie our return address and everyone's mailing address.....for 78 invites! Can you say hand cramp lol.

BTW I have my hair trial tomorrow, eep!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:4da3421b-d58c-4ce6-8cce-76a6389830a5Post:8edc25ae-b75b-44f4-b3f0-565713db8afb">Re: Invitations...</a>:
    [QUOTE] BTW I have my hair trial tomorrow, eep!
    Posted by sarahmarietm[/QUOTE]

Ohh, exciting! Any idea what you want done?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat as you kizat - that one of the reasons he did what he did. So far everyone has chuckled and only spelled two people's names wrong which I blame on their husbands. I asked three times for the spellings and wife's names and got nothing in return. So I did my best guess. That's all I can do!

The labels were clear Dramageek and like you said, everyone has just gone, "huh." So no one seems to care but me!

Sarah - 78? By Hand? Are you kidding me? No way. My hand would have revolted at 20 or so. We did the label thing because it's easier for me and went with the casual theme. Good luck on the hair trial! What are you doing? Gonna post pictures so we can see?? My hair is pixie short so their really won't be much of a trial for me. My stylist is playing around the next time I go in for a hair cut. We'll figure it out before we cut it all off again! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:4da3421b-d58c-4ce6-8cce-76a6389830a5Post:104ed957-b8a7-40f6-9cfd-90e4416a2a01">Re: Invitations...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in the same boat as you kizat - that one of the reasons he did what he did. So far everyone has chuckled and only spelled two people's names wrong which I blame on their husbands. I asked three times for the spellings and wife's names and got nothing in return. So I did my best guess. That's all I can do! Posted by snarky_girl[/QUOTE]

I've done extensive research on Facebook to make sure I've spelled Kari instead of Carrie... and Maija instead of Maya.  The frustrating one was the last name Fredrick/Frederick  asked fiance how to spell it and he said.. "I dunno... sound it out"
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • edited December 2011
    Sound it out?? Oh .. I'd have had to smack my FI if he said that to me. Especially if it was his side! But so thrilled to be free and clear of all of the invitations and can kick back and wait for the RSVPs to roll in.
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:4da3421b-d58c-4ce6-8cce-76a6389830a5Post:3faeb2c9-8fa9-4f89-b60c-e70cd6c80f8c">Re: Invitations...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sound it out?? Oh .. I'd have had to smack my FI if he said that to me. Especially if it was his side! But so thrilled to be free and clear of all of the invitations and can kick back and wait for the RSVPs to roll in.
    Posted by snarky_girl[/QUOTE]

The RSVPs coming was the best part!!
  • edited December 2011
    I've already received four of them - by hand. Which is nice on one hand, but had I known that people were going to just hand me the postcards - I wouldn't have put stamps on them!! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    I intentionally put us as already married as I didn't have enough room for both names & didn't care.

Mine went out yesterday & people have already told me they received today.  Yay, definitely a huge weight lifted!  
    Boyd & Jen 9.17.10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards