Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

When to pay photography fees?

If a photographer quoted me between $1000 and $1500, is that due upfront or  is some of that due at the time we get the pics?

Re: When to pay photography fees?

• Almost all photographers have you pay before the wedding. 
  • It really depends on the individual photographer and what is written into your contract. I haven't done much research on this yet but I believe cassienoel is correct - you will likely have to pay the full amount due before the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Expect to pay a deposit anywhere between 20%-50% of the package total when you book them/sign the contract. Most likely the balance will be split into payments with the final payment due 2-4 weeks before the wedding date. However, each photographer will vary in their payment schedule. The best thing you can do is ask the photographer what their payment schedule is.
  • We needed to provide a deposit of 30% with the remaining balance due on the day of the wedding.
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • In my experience, generally a retainer fee is due to reserve the date and the final payment is due by the wedding day or in some cases 1 month before the wedding day. Each business operates differently, though and it's certainly a question you should ask the photographers that you interview and make sure that you have a contract the clearly outlines the payment schedule.
  • Ours asked us to pay a deposit of about 30%, then wants the rest 1 month prior to the wedding.  That was in our contract.  I'm sure each photographer is different...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It depends on what your contract says. Most require at least half as a retainer, and the balance paid in full at least a couple weeks pior to the wedding.
  • read your contract or ask a photographer. normally they ask 30% or 50% deposit to hold a day for you.  balance is normaly due a couple of weeks before the wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards