New York

FF

Friday Flames??

I've got one.  I flame people who are returning RSVP cards without initialing their meals like the card asks them to.  If you check fish and steak, I don't know who wants what and now we need to follow up with you.  Follow the freaking directions the first time, people!
Anniversary

Re: FF

• edited December 2011
    Oh boy.... that's annoying.

I know it's too late now, but probably should have done something like
    Guest #1 Name________ Meal Choice_________
    Guest #2 Name________ Meal Choice_________

Back to my (in)famous phrase... people are inherently stupid, weddings make it painfully obvious.
    Love my friends/family to death, but when planning, I had to just assume they were pretty much completely ignorant and had to make everything as KISS as possible.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I flame your guests for you too.  It's not rocket science, people.

I also flame myself, for not stopping to get coffee this morning.  Grrr

Finally, I flame this Terry genius who doesn't get the "no vendor" thing.  It's annoying.

Oh oh... one more.  I flame TN.. again/still... for being so lame.  Thank goodness you girls over here are awesome and keep me entertained during work.
    Online Garage Sale
  • ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also flame myself, I am stuck drinking a coke when I am an avid Pepsi drinker because I was too lazy to stop on the way into work.  Ugh....
  • edited December 2011
    I flame coke drinkers for supporting that nastiness! :-P

I flame my coworkers for making mountains out of mole hills. Its cheese, it'll get eaten no matter how its cut. Just cut the damn thing!

I flame myself for not writing down the name of a song I heard the other day that I freakin loved and I flame another coworker for not remembering it as well. After all, I did jump out of my chair and yell "Kim! You know the song ____ I freakin love it" And she replied with "Thats the first youre hearing it?! Oh Man! Awesome song!" How do you know remember it for me?! :)

I flame the worthless trash that found my driveway the perfect place to smash your 40 as you drove by last night. I pray you wrap your car around a telephone pole all the while only hurting yourself and whatever other scum you have in your car, (Yes fb friends, thats a direct quote from my status)

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011

I flame SU College of Law for scheduling my classes for me as a 1L, and (from what I've been told by a now-2L at SU) scheduling them purposely so I can't keep working. I *GET* that law school is a whole new ball game and I need to be completely focused on (especially so for me because I'm on 75% scholarship and need to maintain a minimum GPA to keep it), but don't they understand that the bills don't stop coming just because classes have started? I'm sure the Time Warner guy would be proud of me, but he still wants his check every month, and my car does not run on hard work.

I also flame SU's "David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics" (gag) for offering FI 50% tuition and a teaching assistantship that pays about $700/month (which, really, isn't TERRIBLE but we have a wedding to save up for here!!) and FORBIDS him from accepting any other job for pay... screw graduate/professional degrees. That's where I'm at right about now.

Photobucket
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:60c98eef-c32a-49a5-b242-115231649be2Post:4163e8de-27ee-4882-830f-defd1812a282">Re: FF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh boy.... that's annoying. I know it's too late now, but probably should have done something like Guest #1 Name________ Meal Choice_________ Guest #2 Name________ Meal Choice_________ Back to my (in)famous phrase... people are inherently stupid, weddings make it painfully obvious. Love my friends/family to death, but when planning, I had to just assume they were pretty much completely ignorant and had to make everything as KISS as possible.
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Haha, good quote.  I wanted to avoid the whole "obvious" thing because I thought my guests were far too sophisticated for that.  I guess I thought wrong.  And I didn't want to have 2 guest lines if there was only 1 guest invited so I could avoid another kind of confusion!  (We had them printed, so we couldn't individualize them very well.)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:60c98eef-c32a-49a5-b242-115231649be2Post:268c4e67-d9f2-46c5-8a4d-deb827a7ef28">Re: FF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FF : I wanted to avoid the whole "obvious" thing because I thought my guests were far too sophisticated for that.  Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

I thought that too... for about 5 seconds.  Sounds mean, but I very rarely give people the benefit of the doubt anymore.  I just assume they are idiots and hope they impress me with some form of intelligence/etiquette.  lol

ETA:  Good point about having 2 lines for 1 guest... that would have created a whole different mess of problems.
    Online Garage Sale
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:60c98eef-c32a-49a5-b242-115231649be2Post:e62d8a5c-226d-4bd8-9437-9da1087c9af5">Re: FF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FF : I thought that too... for about 5 seconds.  Sounds mean, but I very rarely give people the benefit of the doubt anymore.  I just assume they are idiots and hope they impress me with some form of intelligence/etiquette.  lol ETA:  Good point about having 2 lines for 1 guest... that would have created a whole different mess of problems.
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

This is basically the only way I can get through life. Just assume everyone has the IQ of rock and you will rarely be disappointed.

On to some flameage: I flame the driver of the vehicle that killed a volunteer this morning on the bicycle tour I helped with. People need to learn that just because the road doesn't have a lot of traffic at 5:30 in the morning, doesn't mean you have the right to drive like a maniac. 
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:60c98eef-c32a-49a5-b242-115231649be2Post:eede9fc3-13c6-4b05-9588-cf4851efcc7b">Re: FF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FF : This is basically the only way I can get through life. Just assume everyone has the IQ of rock and you will rarely be disappointed. On to some flameage<strong>: I flame the driver of the vehicle that killed a volunteer this morning on the bicycle tour I helped with.</strong> People need to learn that just because the road doesn't have a lot of traffic at 5:30 in the morning, doesn't mean you have the right to drive like a maniac. 
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

Oh no!!  That's terrible.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:60c98eef-c32a-49a5-b242-115231649be2Post:eede9fc3-13c6-4b05-9588-cf4851efcc7b">Re: FF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FF :  <strong>Just assume everyone has the IQ of rock and you will rarely be disappointed.</strong> Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

Facebook LOVE!!!!
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    I flame myself for being so sensitive!  Dammit!  I shouldn't care who doesn't like the decisions made for my wedding (unless the person who isn't happy is Marc and it's not)!!  I do not need to be having panic attacks at my job over stupid wedding sh*t!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:60c98eef-c32a-49a5-b242-115231649be2Post:4163e8de-27ee-4882-830f-defd1812a282">Re: FF</a>:
    [QUOTE]....  when planning, <strong>I had to just assume they were pretty much completely ignorant and had to make everything as KISS as possible.
    </strong>Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Do you know how badly/disgustingly I represent this statement? The first time I started browsing invitation designs and such, I was utterly confused as to what the "M___________" was; why was that M there?! Now that I know what it is, and reflecting upon the fact that I didn't know and I am confident in saying I'm a pretty intelligent person, I don't even want to put that on my RSVP cards for fear that my guests will REALLY not understand and write something weird. Keep in mind at this point, 65% of our guest list is under 30. Again... looking forward to some things changing in a couple years...
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    Haha, we are guilty of the M______.  So far everyone has gotten that, although one person who had a name that started with M finished it with her name instead of a title.  But that was kinda funny (and I *think* she knows what it really means).
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:60c98eef-c32a-49a5-b242-115231649be2Post:2957c8b3-f33d-402b-91fa-25b8c2154c6f">Re: FF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame SU College of Law for scheduling my classes for me as a 1L, and (from what I've been told by a now-2L at SU) scheduling them purposely so I can't keep working. I *GET* that law school is a whole new ball game and I need to be completely focused on (especially so for me because I'm on 75% scholarship and need to maintain a minimum GPA to keep it), <strong>but don't they understand that the bills don't stop coming just because classes have started?</strong> I'm sure the Time Warner guy would be proud of me, but he still wants his check every month, and my car does not run on hard work.

<strong>I also flame SU's "David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics" (gag)</strong> for offering FI 50% tuition and a teaching assistantship that pays about $700/month (which, really, isn't TERRIBLE but we have a wedding to save up for here!!) and FORBIDS him from accepting any other job for pay... screw graduate/professional degrees. That's where I'm at right about now.
    Posted by lornarose07[/QUOTE]

Amen X2!!

SU as a whole claims to be 100% supportive of adults going back for their degree...bull. They support you going back as long as your only priority is them and you're willing to drop any job or other form of life that you have. My work & internship schedule is proof of that. I had 2 options of off hours internships and was told for my second yr, Ill need to find a job that allows me to work at night....ok so I can no longer be YOUR employee? Wheres the support in that?!

And Falk...gross. In no way does the name define who we are and sports and SW...not related. He simply picked 2 majors that meant something to him and threw us together acting like some fluckin hot shot with a big wallet. Turd

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    To continue with the RSVPs convo, I was seriously thinking about writing "Please initial choice of entree", then write Filet _____ Chicken _____.  Is that still too difficult to understand???

I flame my one supervisor.  Don't need to get into it on here, but I did what was best for me.  Sorry I can't be available every minute of every day.  That's just how it goes, don't make a whiny mess of it.  *End of mini vent* lol.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:60c98eef-c32a-49a5-b242-115231649be2Post:81feb70f-eabc-4a9d-a2eb-1ec4edeaa887">Re: FF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FF : Amen X2!! SU as a whole claims to be 100% supportive of adults going back for their degree...bull. They support you going back as long as your only priority is them and you're willing to drop any job or other form of life that you have. <strong>My work & internship schedule is proof of that.</strong> I had 2 options of off hours internships and was told for my second yr, Ill need to find a job that allows me to work at night....ok so I can no longer be YOUR employee? Wheres the support in that?! <strong>And Falk...gross.</strong> In no way does the name define who we are and sports and SW...not related. He simply picked 2 majors that meant something to him and threw us together acting like some fluckin hot shot with a big wallet. Turd
    Posted by DondadaTimes2[/QUOTE]

I was APPALLED when I found out last year that I would have to do 250 hours of UNPAID internship during each semester, along with being a full-time student and getting the bills paid. I was also studying for/taking the LSAT during the first semester and had to take off 2 weeks of work for that. Granted, looking back I'm thankful for all of that experience--most people graduate first, then spend months upon months looking for an unpaid internship--plus my internship agency hired me when I graduated which was a big plus, but to ask that much of students (plus all of the dumb busy-work from the accompanying seminar class) is ridiculous. Not everyone attends SU on their parent's dime.

And Falk doesn't care about 2 majors. He cares about 1, Sport Management, but since he bought the school he gets to name it what he wants and Sport comes first! And please, "Human Dynamics?" You're just trying to sound contemporary and it sounds DUMB.
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:60c98eef-c32a-49a5-b242-115231649be2Post:75ee9010-5c10-463c-bd03-86111dbe1577">Re: FF</a>:
    [QUOTE]To continue with the RSVPs convo, I was seriously thinking about writing "Please initial choice of entree", then write Filet _____ Chicken _____.  Is that still too difficult to understand???Posted by kks4471[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what we have and apparently it is difficult.  Oh well.

Also, I have a new flame.  FI is in a wedding at the end of August and the groom just gave him the tux info now and it is $200!  Apparently some of the guys are wearing their own tuxedos and just renting the vest/tie, but I don't want FI to wear his new tuxedo until our own wedding so he needs to rent.  Why in god's name would this tux (that only 2 out of the 6 guys will be wearing) cost $200???  I am very upset as we are already spending a fortune on going to this wedding.  I really hope FI says something to the groom, but generally his pride won't let him about money issues.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah... that better be one helluva tux.  Geez.  What kind of groomzilla would do that to his boys?
    Online Garage Sale
  • MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:60c98eef-c32a-49a5-b242-115231649be2Post:95136490-0d1d-4cf7-9fbb-67149ebc0653">Re: FF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FF : I was APPALLED when I found out last year that I would have to do 250 hours of UNPAID internship during each semester, along with being a full-time student and getting the bills paid. I was also studying for/taking the LSAT during the first semester and had to take off 2 weeks of work for that. Granted, looking back I'm thankful for all of that experience--most people graduate first, then spend months upon months looking for an unpaid internship--plus my internship agency hired me when I graduated which was a big plus, but to ask that much of students (plus all of the dumb busy-work from the accompanying seminar class) is ridiculous. Not everyone attends SU on their parent's dime. And <strong>Falk doesn't care about 2 majors. He cares about 1, Sport Management, but since he bought the school he gets to name it what he wants and Sport comes first! And please, "Human Dynamics?" You're just trying to sound contemporary and it sounds DUMB.
    </strong>Posted by lornarose07[/QUOTE]

Ugh couldn't agree more. Don't even get me started haha. When I started at SU in 2007 it was Human Services and Health Professions then when I graduated in 2010 it was "Human Ecology" now it's "Falk" blah blah blah. Really?! I'd love to know who thought that sounded good. Haha they send me emails asking for alumni donations and I always respond back "I did not graduate from Falk" haha... So I guess that's my Friday flame
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I flame the effing bug that woke me up at 5 on a Saturday..and also New Hampshire for being too far East that I'd wake up with the sunrise anyway... :( Just a little grumpy this morning.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards