Illinois-Chicago

Wedding hair and Make-up

Hi,
I'm getting married in Buffalo Grove in Sept 2012 and was wondering if anyone has rec.s for bridal hair and makeup. I am lost as to where to look and how much I should be paying. I'm not sure what my budget is for this, but something that won't break the bank. I would rather not go into a salon, so I am looking for onsite.
Anything in the NW suburbs.

Thanks ladies!

Re: Wedding hair and Make-up

• ARJ6511ARJ6511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Tamara Hair and Makeup and they were fantastic! They travel to you and are very reasonably priced. I highly recommend them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Tamara Make Up & Hair (http://www.tamaramakeup.com).
    They will come to you and I found them to be the most reasonable from a price standpoint. My wedding is also Sept 2012 and I haven't had a trial yet so can't speak to how I feel about their work but many of the other brides on here have had great experiences using Tamara. The only downside is they require you have at least 4 people per service (4 for hair and 4 for makeup). Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BlueEyedIrishBlueEyedIrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married on 11/19 and my vendors were amazing! I highly suggest them and they were extremely reasonable.  Both of them negotiated their pricing for me since I was married during a slow time so talk with them and see what they offer.   Suzy with Hairspray Revolution – 708-307-3097 – She does a lot of trendy styles but also traditional ones.  She was hard to keep in touch with occasionally which can drive you crazy but when I talked with her about it she totally did a 180 change.  She was their on time (early even) and finished everyone’s hair the way they wanted it.  I was highly impressed. I think I paid $140 including my trial and the girls were $50. Maria – works for Mac counter but freelances as well – I think her price originally was around $125 or so for makeup but that includes your trial.  The girl’s makeup was $60.  Everyone includes lashes.  She was amazing.  She is great at communicating with you before the wedding.  Was early and very calming as I was freaking out about time.  I highly recommend her.   Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Tamara Hair and Makeup...Tamara for makeup and Sabrina for hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Not to hijack this thread, but I asked a similar question about 2-3 posts before this.  I see that many of you are recommending Tamara, did any of you ladies have any trouble with communication while trying to book?  Did you deal with them via phone or email?  TIA
  • edited December 2011
    I stopped by the Urban Decay area at the Macy's in Water Tower last night and Taylor helped me - she mentioned that she does wedding make up as well.  She was SUPER fun, taught me lots of great tricks and did a great job.  No idea what her rates are, but after spending an hour with her going over wedding day make up, I'd hire her if I was getting married here!
  • cavewoman92cavewoman92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend used Mehwish Khan http://www.mehwishkhan.com this summer - she did a sensational job. Was a little on the expensive side (probably because she's agency represented), but was incredibly friendly and professional - definitely worth the peace of mind though.

I'm happy to share wedding pics (just pm me).
    Congrats and good luck with everything!
  • cuevas91cuevas91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_wedding-hair-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:7a59be4f-29e8-4dbd-9a38-ce4b802a44a8Post:54808ce2-bb50-4e45-a98a-3f9f468b1fe7">Re: Wedding hair and Make-up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not to hijack this thread, but I asked a similar question about 2-3 posts before this.  I see that many of you are recommending Tamara, did any of you ladies have any trouble with communication while trying to book?  Did you deal with them via phone or email?  TIA
    Posted by amberr110[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have had trouble with communication...they take FOREVER to return email.  I know that she mentioned once that phone is easier for her, but I prefer email so that I have a record of communication with my vendors (just in case, never know when you might need it).  I don't know what to say, but I have been happy with my trials and both Tamara and Sabrina, who are my makeup/hair artists are wonderful in person...GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This makes me feel a bit better actually.  I really wanted to go with them, as everyone else I see seemss to be higher priced or have far less good feedback.  Maybe I'll try calling them to see what's up.
  • edited December 2011
    Amberr - I am using Takara Makeup as well, but am dealing with mostly Christina as I met her at a bridal expo. She was really quick returning phone calls. It took her a few days to respond to my emails but I have been happy with their responsiveness so far!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Robyn Torabeni Productions... she's been my cousin's friend for her entire life, she's the best, love her!

http://robyntornabeni.com/index2.php?v=v1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards