Wisconsin
Options

Is anyone using a wedding planner/DOC?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone else was using a wedding planner/DOC or if you're planning your own wedding!

Re: Is anyone using a wedding planner/DOC?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I valued having my planner for the purpose of my job at the time was extremely demanding and I did not have time to call vendors and work out details. I planned the wedding in regards to the look, the details, etc. On the day of she came through and made the day pretty seemless.

No relatives, bridesmaids, etc had to lift a finger. However, in my vendor reviews, I would not recommend MY particular planner , but I do recommend having a DOC 150% !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having a wedding planner but he is not a professional one. He is a good friend of mine that has planning a few other wedding. He is overly organized and helps me stay on track. I would recommend having a DOC, just to help with the issues of the day. Just the fact that I know my friend will be their to deal with any issues takes a lot of stress off my shoulders. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't think I could afford a coordinator, so we did most of the big vendor contracts ourselves.  On a whim, we signed up for a consulation.  We only had eight weeks left at the time and I thought, "oh, we will just get some tips from the consult and go home".  
    Well, not only was she a good saleseperson, but she offered us her full services at a price we could'nt refuse. On top of that, she really did end up paying for her fees in negotiations.  I know we "all hear that", but it was true.  We didn't have flowers yet, lighting, small details, OR linens.  In fact, we got nicer linens than we had planned on because of her negotiations.

The day of the wedding...OMG.  Not only was better than the wedding of dreams, we were able to enjoy it.  She took care of everything, the (one) problem we knew about, and who knows how many problems we were never aware of. 

I say do it. 
    If you are willing to spend for the perfect photos, the perfect food, or the perfect whatever.... budget for a coordinator.  
    You only plan one wedding, they plan several.  Hire a professional.  For yourself, and your future spouse. 

Congratulations and enjoy the journey. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have hired a DOC.  Jami is amazing!  We get unlimited email/phone access to help with the planning if an odd question comes up or you need some suggestions.

I have a lot of DIY and she will be taking the reins decorating, coordinating, and will be the point person of the day so no guests or family needs to worry about anything other that having fun. 

She is going to be well worth the price my photographer said she has heard a lot of really great things about Jami so that makes me feel really good.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been looking around for DOC coordinator myself, since my FI and I live in Los Angeles and could use a little help with decoration and such, but haven't found one that isn't completely unreasonable in price (think - triple the photography budget).

Part of me wonders if it's because I live in LA, they assume I must have an unlimited wedding budget (I wish!!)

I'd love to hear anyone's personal recommendations for a good one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Starfish....not sure where you are getting married my DOC was cheap....but from what I have seen she does great work and my photographer has heard only good things about her.  She does it because she likes doing it.

If you want PM me and I will get you her info - she does a lot in Northeastern WI...I am getting married in Green Bay but she has done weddings in Madison, and other parts of the state.
    imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't see a lot planners or coordinators anymore due to budget. I was at my friend's wedding and she had a "personal attendant" who was like her assistant.
    Not only did she help my friend (the bride) with any dress issues and details, she was also the DOC.
    It worked out really well, even though, the personal attendant was a little stress. But it was all worth it to my friend and in return, my friend was her personal attendant at her wedding.
    I would recommend you choose a close friend or relative who is not part of the bridal party. Someone who you trust and is willing to help you make your day stress-free and memorable. You shouldn' t have to pay them, but maybe a small gift to show your appreciation.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jelenny, I just checked out your DOC and she already has a tenntative for my date.  :(  I was really liking what I saw.  Darn.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :0(

Yeah....apparently my mom passed on her info to a family friend who's daughter is getting married - curious to see what else of my wedding she has passed on to them....sigh

BUT she did not have the agreement back yet so it doesn't hurt to call and follow up....
    imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    elexanicaelexanica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ jberg134    I just sent you a pm!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you still looking for someone in WI?  I will figure out how to use the direct message thing to reccomend my coord.  
    Most people are afraid of the price and figure they can "do it themselves".  We have all watched Bridezillas....
    Like I said, we pay big money for professionals to do the pictures, food, the dress (very few people sew their own dress?)...Hire the expert, they are worth it.  Vendors make LOTS of money on do-it-yourself  ers. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards