Oregon
Options

Bend Brides

Hello Ladies,

Just thought I would say hello and see how many of us are out there.  I do not come to this board much because so much of it is Portland..  But I thought maybe we could kinda stay in contact. :)

How about a mini Poll:

Wedding Date:
Reception Venue:
Favorite thing about your FI:

for Me:

September 17, 2011
A private home in Sunriver
His calmness, :) he never gets fired up about things and he always knows how to keep me calm. Lol!

Can't wait to hear more about you all!! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bend Brides

• Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is from Bend!!! But we aren't getting married there :/
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    tlgilmoretlgilmore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol! Boo! :)  My FI is from there too. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He wanted to but we couldn't find a place, other than where his best friend got married, that we liked...
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Really?  Where did they get married?  What kind of venue did you guys want?  We are doing a small intimate ceremony in a park along the river and then back to his parents house for a backyard reception.  We talked about having everything at Deschutes but it was pretty pricey.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They got married at Aspin park I think.

We wanted something outside, small, cheap, romantic, pretty, we wanted to option of inside too. We had to change the date 49749834984 times (thanks deployments) because his best friend HAS to be there. 
    We're getting married at beckenridge vineyard.

I always had my heart set on Edgefield or Willamatte valley vineyards. But they were spendy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I'm not from Bend, I'm from Burns (about 2 hrs away)  We are a tiny tiny town, and everyone goes to Bend to do any and all shopping.   I love the Bend area.  My best friend was married at a small park in Redmond the summer of 2009, it was very beautiful.  I'm sure that Sun River will be even better!!!

And I'll play, I'm sure no one from Burns is on here to make our own group.

Wedding Date: First Week of November, shooting for the 4th.
    Reception Venue:  Las Vegas, NV - Chapel of the Flowers (it is nice, not cheesy)
    Favorite thing about your FI: How loving he is to me and our children, I couldn't ask for a better man.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kendall- We talked about a vineyard wedding!!  How fun!!  That is going to be gorgeous!!  I hope you can get all the details worked out. :)

MoeN-yes, Im kinda familar with Burns.  :)  Vegas huh?? I lived in Vegas for almost 8 years!! You will have a blast.  My photographer is from Vegas.  We are flying her up to Bend.  She is awesome!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have our date and stuff picked :]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I live in Beaverton, but love Bend so much that we feel it's the perfect place for us to get married!  I am shooting for around the first part of October 2011 but unfortunately am at a bit of a loss as to what to do for our ceremony/reception so can't settle on a date.

I think it would be great to have a park ceremony along the river and move indoors somewhere for the reception...we are on a tight budget (under 5k for everything) so any suggestions for inexpensive venues would be so helpful! Our guest list could range between 35 and 75 people depending on the cost (we'll invite more people if it falls within budget)!

The only place I've really looked into is the mountain room at deschutes brewery which doesn't seem unreasonable since they provide so much with it, but am definitely open to any other ideas out there!

Thanks "Bend Brides" for any info you can provide!  :)

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look in to aspen park
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are getting married in Pioneer Park.  There are several parks along the river..  Drake is beautiful, but you can not reserve it.  I think we paid like $116 for Pioneer,  and it has restrooms and a pavillion.  We are not having the reception there though..  But you could have it there. 

We looked into the mountain room too.  But we felt it was a bit pricey..  We are also on a 5k budget.  Our reception venue is free at a private home in Sunriver.

I am not sure the cost but Hollinshead Barn is a neat venue and the Old Stone Chuch is beautiful too for ceremonys. 

I would definetly have a back up plan for October..  The weather is so unpredictable that time of the year.

As far as Bend vendors I am only using a couple...

Sweets with Michele is doing my cake.  She is amazing!! http://www.sweetswithmichele.com/

I am planning to use Specialized Events for my DOC.  I am meeting with them next month.  Her name is Kim.  http://www.specialized-events.com/

I bet Kim could recommend some places too.

My photographer is out of Vegas,,,  But she is amazing too.  There is a cheap allegiant airlines flight that I am flying her up on...  Just a thought.
    www.shlimarstudios.com

I hope some of this helps!!  Good luck!  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great advice on venues!   We are going to try to make it over to Bend in the next couple of weeks so we can check out some of these places in person and hopefully pick something.  I feel like I can't really make any other decisions until we settle on venues so I'm anxious to be able to get over those mountains!

The only thing I have been able to decide on at this point is my cake - my Uncle is a professional pastry chef and has offered to make it for us!

I'll keep you posted on what we end up going with.  :)
  • Options
    9doors9doors member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    May 7th 2011
    Deschutes Brewery for ceremony and reception (I caved - he's a big beer snob)
    My finace is sweet, romantic and funny. I even love him when he tells me he's in Florida - I mean Chigaco (thanks to the Army for keeping everything secret!)

We picked Bend because we're huge outdoors enthusiats and we can do a little alpine climbing before the wedding! And the brewery was his idea, but I got to have a wedding, so he got to pick the location!

Anyone have any ideas for close locations for photos? I'm still living in Canada and don't know the area at all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be very interested to hear how Deschutes turns out for you.  We are thinking about using them for our venue also (both beer snobs here!) but have also considered the Hollinshead Barn and Aspen Hall, but I was shocked at how expensive they were for park facitilities.  Not to say that they aren't worth that, but I haven't been able to see them in person yet.  It seems like for the same price overall it would be nice to have the "all inclusive" option that Deschutes can provide.  :) 

For photos I actually would recommend you check out craigslist. I'm not sure of your budget, but there were some really great photographers advertising on there with links to their websites/portfolios.  Congrats on the upcomming wedding and good luck on the photographer!  :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    9doors- Definetely go to Drake Park.  We are doing our first look there.  There is a beautiful wooden bridge that crosses the river that is perfect.  Drake Park in general is gorgeous.  The river is also really close to the brewery too, so you could even walk down there for pics.  There is a cool park just down from the brewery on the otherside of the road too... If it is a clear day go to the top of Pilot Butte for pictures with the Cascades behind you.. :)

We looked into the brewery, it was just out of our budget.  Their draft beers were like $5 a piece... Not completely outrageous, but we are beer snobs too and figured we could get a few kegs and cut some costs.  However, if we had a bigger budget, we totally would have chosen that venue. :)

Yay!!  Other Bend Brides!! Lol! <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    9doors9doors member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the photo location ideas guys! I can't wait for those Cascade views - we're both big climbers and we're attempting South Sister about a week before our wedding!!

brianatappin - We have a fantastic photographer. Kyle and Kacie at Stott Shots have been absolutely amazing for everything. I'm just unsure of the area so I'm having trouble with the timing of events to make sure we have enough time between the ceremony and dinner for our photos (including travel time). They're definitely not the least expensive, but I was in the photo business enough years to know the photographers are not something you skimp on!

I'll for sure let everyone know how Deschutes turns out. So far the staff have been very helpful, and their new menu sounds so tastey. The catering side is a little pricey, but we only expect about 35 people, so we shouldn't be too bad on cost (expecially since about 7 or 8 of those people don't drink at all!). It was hard to turn down because the room rental is so cheap!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MrsCowellMrsCowell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well lets see...Im KC. I grew up here in Redmond and lived here my whole life and my fiance grew up in Bend, so we kept our wedding as close to home as we could get!

Wedding Date: June 25, 2011
    Location: A private residence in Alfalfa for our ceremony and reception. Thankful we have such great family friends that offered their home to us!
    Favorite thing about my Fiance: He puts up with me! Ha ha I can be difficult at times, but he can always make me smile. Hes my best friend!

We have just about everything for our wedding covered, but I am wondering if there are any makeup artists here in town that dont cost a fortune? I have been hearing a lot about airbrush makeup and was wanting to maybe try it out but Im not sure if there is someone in town that does it. So if you have any suggestions that would be great! Thank you!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    9doors- FI proposed on top of South Sister in September. :)  Its an awesome hike!

Welcome KC. Sounds like you have everything all together.  I am not sure about any makeup artists...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    9doors9doors member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tigilmore - I'm afraid South Sister won't be much of a hike in May - Snowshoes, crampons and our axes are definitely needed for spring climbs! Gudelupe Peak in TX was a hike in December, and so was our attempt on Mt. Stuart (WA) in August. I much prefer the rocks to be covered in snow and ice! I think my fiance intended to propose at the top of Mt Elbert at Christmas (we never made the climb due to avelanche hazard), but instead managed to blurt it out back in October when he visited me for Thanksgiving!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    9doors-See, I am opposite..  all of the snow and ice doesn't sound fun to me. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_bend-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:f82f8a64-7b2a-49b9-aba0-13a224ea56e5Post:552c0c24-72fd-4489-954a-7b4972e53a13">Re: Bend Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will be very interested to hear how Deschutes turns out for you.  We are thinking about using them for our venue also (both beer snobs here!) but have also considered the Hollinshead Barn and Aspen Hall, but I was shocked at how expensive they were for park facitilities.  Not to say that they aren't worth that, but I haven't been able to see them in person yet.  It seems like for the same price overall it would be nice to have the "all inclusive" option that Deschutes can provide.  :)  For photos I actually would recommend you check out craigslist. I'm not sure of your budget, but there were some really great photographers advertising on there with links to their websites/portfolios.  Congrats on the upcomming wedding and good luck on the photographer!  :)
    Posted by brianatappin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>My FI's best friend got married at aspen hall and did it all for under 3k

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards