Wedding Invitations & Paper

Addressing question

I decided to take on the task of addressing all of my invitations today. I will  be handling all of the RSVPs for the wedding, so I need to have the RSVPs sent to me. Can someone please tell me how I would properly put my return address on the flap of the envelope? Let's say my address is something like this:

5295 NE 35th Avenue
Unit 300
Fort Myers, Florida 31312

Do I Spell out "Northeast", what about "Thirty-Fifth Avenue"

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Re: Addressing question

• 5295 Northeast 35th Avenue
    Unit 300
    Fort Myers, Florida 31312
  • Thank you for your help!
  • You alrready got an answer on how to spell out or abbreviate items in an address on formal invitations.

But really, your first sentence is confusing:

I decided to take on the task of addressing all of my invitations today. I will be handling all of the RSVPs for the wedding, so I need to have the RSVPs sent to me.

The invitations come from the bride's parents.  It's their names on the top line, as the people who are requesting the honour of the guests' presence.  So they aren't your invitations, and it's your mom who should either be addressing the envelopes or deciding to have a calligrapher do them or whatever.  And because it's your parents who are extending the invitations, it's your parents who guests should send their RSVPs to.

Don't cut your parents out of the wedding process.  If your parents are "old school" like mine, they will insist on stepping up and doing the traditional etiquette and customs. 
  • I don't know why you need to be told this for the eleventeenth time Kristin, but not every bride's parents pay for their daughter's wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards