Florida-South Florida

Marathon Hotels?

I know there are similar topics floating around, but I haven't found anything to help my situation yet but I'm hoping you ladies can! :)

FI and I are getting married in May and want to honeymoon in the Keys.  We've been looking at places in Marathon since the laidback atmosphere fits our personalities... our goals are to lounge by the beach, kayak, snorkel, and enjoy the scenery while we're there.  We also want to take the ferry to the Dry Tortugas one day which requires being in Key West EARLY in the morning so anything north of Marathon is too far to drive.

However, I'm struggling on finding a place that's nice, on the water, has private balconies, and fits our budget (no more than $200 a night / $1,200 for six nights).  I've found a few mom & pop inns I like but am curious if we can get a touch more upscale than what they offer.   We're not opposed to staying in Key West, but we definitely want to avoid the party areas.

Any suggestions?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Marathon Hotels?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_marathon-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:3746923d-6336-4fb3-831d-13d56d483f71Post:7d25eb84-bb6f-41ed-a437-05f428ea6ad3">Marathon Hotels?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know there are similar topics floating around, but I haven't found anything to help my situation yet but I'm hoping you ladies can! :) FI and I are getting married in May and want to honeymoon in the Keys.  We've been looking at places in Marathon since the laidback atmosphere fits our personalities... our goals are to lounge by the beach, kayak, snorkel, and enjoy the scenery while we're there.  We also want to take the ferry to the Dry Tortugas one day which requires being in Key West EARLY in the morning so anything north of Marathon is too far to drive. However, I'm struggling on finding a place that's nice, on the water, has private balconies, and fits our budget (no more than $200 a night / $1,200 for six nights).  I've found a few mom & pop inns I like but am curious if we can get a touch more upscale than what they offer.   We're not opposed to staying in Key West, but we definitely want to avoid the party areas. Any suggestions?
    Posted by iheartmarshall[/QUOTE]

What time of year are you going? It makes a big difference - any time between Dec to March, with all the things you want for 200 might be nearly impossible. But honestly, some of the mom and pop places are really nice. Feel free to PM if you have a question about a specific place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards