Ohio-Cleveland

Vendor Help? A bit frazzled..

Hi I'm new here and recently engaged. My FI and I are paying for and planning the wedding all on our own, and honestly, don't have a ton of experience with it. We have a modest budget of about 10,000 for everything a bit more, but just being safe. I'm trying to find either an all-inclusive ( minus cake and flowers etc) venue for the ceremony/food/alcohol/reception/anything else, or a combination that will still be within budget. I've been searching over a month and haven't been able to locate even one of any vendor I could afford. We want a formal, classy look, but not extravagant ie: I want to wear the big dress, but I'm ok with simple classy food, but not cool with sandals and mac n cheese. Anyone care to make a few suggestions? I have a while to get things together, but I'm a big list maker/planner, and can't seem to rest easy until I have a game plan in my mind! Thanks ahead of time! 

Re: Vendor Help? A bit frazzled..

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement! How exciting! How many guests do you figure on hosting for $10k? Also, what part of town (east/west/south Cleve? Akron/Canton?) and where will your ceremony be held? Answer those questions for me and I can make some suggestions.

Our wedding (175 guests) ended up costing around $13k all told at at the Belarusan American Community Center in Strongsville. It's a BYOB facility that holds up to 300 and has awesome food. Check my bio for more info. We loved it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • babzosbornebabzosborne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Casa Di Borally for our reception, they include everything except alcohol and offer a great price. Their food is EXCELLENT. There's a place in Brunswick called Diamond Event Center. It's a pretty place and they have a "chapel" room. Their prices are good too. We were really torn but it came down to location. Good luck!
  • peachsabellapeachsabella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, we finally narrowed it down to 125 guests. Thats pretty much only family! My father alone has 13 brothers and sisters, and they are all very tight knit, so it's almost impossible to leave one or two family members out. We are in Lorain, but I was considering as far out as Sandusky and Cleveland. I don't want to inconvenience our guests by making them drive too far out, however it may cut down the guest count... but then again, I can't invite them, see about how many will be attending, THEN book the venues lol so I'm just having a heck of a time with all of this. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And also, thank you for the information so far! I'll be checking through them shortly, I don't mind the work if we can find a good deal!
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

A few west locations from my list:

Lake Erie Nature & Science Center, Bay Village (BYOB & BYOC)

http://www.lensc.org/education/rental/facility-rental.htm

The Terrace at Big Met Grille, Fairview Park

http://www.clevelandcatering.com/big-met-grille/

Gemini Center, Fairview Park (BYOB/BYOC)

Tom’s Country Place, Lorain

www.tomscountryplace.com

Rosewood Place, Lorain BYOB or they can supply it

DeLuca’s Place in the Park, Lorain

Rose Café, Lakeview, Lorain

Gargus Banquet Center, Lorain

http://www.noars.net/gargus2.htm

Irish American Heritage Center, Avon

Avon Knights of Columbus hall, Avon (BYOB/BYOC)

John Christ Winery, Avon Lake

Avon Lake VFW Hall, Avon Lake (BYOB/BYOC)

Fountain Bleau, Avon Lake BYOB

http://www.clevelandcatering.com/fountain.html

Ruby’s Hall and Catering, Grafton BYOB/BYOC

http://www.rubyshall.com/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh thank you JK! I already contacted a couple of them, but I didn't even think of the rest!  Sometimes you need someone to step back and look at it lol Thanks a bunch! 
  • edited December 2011
    You could do what you want and under that price at Antler's Grandball room it is diagonal from the lorain police department. There food is wonderful and I know you can do food and alcohol in your budget. I have been to alot of weddings there and could never complain about anything.

Here is there website - http://www.gibsonmanorcatering.com/

If you need any other info I am in Lorain also you can either contact me on here or email me Luvtigger2013@hotmail.com
    228 Summonedimage 29 Ready to Partyimage 7 Missing the funimage 192 MIA image
  • kbeloskykbelosky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DeLuca is great- have you thought about the Rose Cafe at Lakeview Park?  they are run by DeLuca and the view is great- also a great place for photos.  They were booked for out date but that is where we are going for out photos
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys Luvtigger I'm pming you :) 
    and kbelosky I agree its beautiful, I'm trying to remember what the lake loks like in April/may lol The rose cafe is about a 5 min drive from me lol I love the local boards, they are a bit slow, but you all know the area and its a big help! Especially when I search online I get big venues mostly in Cleveland or just big budget in general, and I tend to forget about places I drive by everyday. 
  • PolarBearFansPolarBearFans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at House of Blues in Cleveland. They are a great price and value.. the only downside is that you cant have more than 80-110 guests in the Cambridge room if you want a sit-down dinner. you can do more if you have stations or hordourves. the bar package is a steal and the meals are very reasonable. no room rental, just minimum. It would fit your budget, but it all depends on your guest list. they do have other rooms, but it may be out of budget. you would have to inquire. he rooms are beautiful and don't require much decorating at all.

my advice is to not count out a place that you think may too expensive. a lot of venues will work with you or may be cheaper than you think. it never hurts to ask. even if the website says one price, don't be afraid to inquire if it can be done cheaper. good luck.
  • mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What about College club. I think it is BYOB/BYOC too. They can accommodate up to 150 people with free parking
    http://www.thecollegeclub.org/weddings.htm
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all. Due to some unexpected hospital bills (FI got very sick and missed 2 weeks of life and work) We used not only our emergency money fund for the bills, but some wedding money too. We stressed at first, but this may just be a blessing in disguise. We were forced to scale some things down. Because of this we actually have our options narrowed to 2 places, and things seemed to have fallen into place. Everything happens for a reason I guess, and so far, so good, the plans progressed faster, and the stress is gone. I now have a healthy FI, and half the wedding planned! Thank you all again for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards