Illinois-Chicago
Options

Questions for Vendors

Hi All,

My fiance and I are starting to go look at venues for the ceremony/reception this weekend, I am making up a list of questions to ask. Aside from the general: fees, caterers, floor plans, etc does anyone have any questions from experience I should ask that I may not be thinking of.

On that note, any questions for all vendors that should be asked?

Thanks

Re: Questions for Vendors

• Options
    Specific questions for reception venues:
    -Do we have flexibility with the menu food choices? Can you make accomodations for guests that have food allergies, etc.?
    -Is the parking for guests free/discounted/valet?
    -Would there be other weddings taking place the same time as ours?
    -What time could my outside vendors (ie DJ, florist, etc.) come in to set up or drop off?
    -What type, if any, coordination do you offer (ie, putting out place cards, guest book, etc.)?
    -Do you have separate spaces for the ceremony, cocktail hour and the dinner/dancing?
    -What is the capacity of the room/space?
    -When do we have to give you a final count of how many guests will be attending?
    -Do you allow candles, uplighting, draping, etc.?
    -How much is the deposit? When is the final payment due in full?
    -Do you have a room/place to put gifts/cards where they will be safe
    -Do you have a room/place where the bridal party can freshen up (say, if your venue isn't a hotel?)
    -If your venue is a hotel: what is the price for a room block, how many rooms can we have? Do we have to guarantee the number of ppl who will book rooms?
    -Who is the onsite contact on the day of the wedding, can I have his/her cell phone number?
    -What types of linens, chairs, etc. do you offer? Are there options to upgrade?
    -Do you offer discounts for offseason or Friday/Sunday weddings?
    -Do you have insurance? What are your cancellation policies?

I'm sure there are more :) Have fun!
  • Options
    I would ask if the service fees include gratuity.  This I have found is an often mistaken line item where the service fee only covers the labor cost and not the gratuity.
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    Ask to see a copy of their standard contract. Read through it and ask questions about anything in it or not in it. Make sure that everything they say that you like is in writing (either in an email or in the contract).
    Anniversary image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards