California-Napa

Ceremony Locations

Hi Ladies, we are looking to get married in St. Helena in Oct 2011.  We have decided on a beautiful venue for the reception, but they don’t allow wedding ceremonies.  Does anyone have suggestions for an affordable wedding venue in the area? Parks, Gardens, Hotels, Non-Denominational Church???  We are expecting roughly 150-175 people.

Thanks!

Re: Ceremony Locations

• edited December 2011
    Oh! Are you a Chicago Bride getting married in Napa/St. Helena??? :) I am too!

There's a church that I know a lot of people get married at in Napa. It's right across the street from the Meritage Resort. Are you looking for an outdoor space though?

The place I'm having my rehearsal at, The Brix, is a restaurant that's beautiful and they have ceremonies there. They have a beautiful garden area. :) Good luck!
  • chicagokarchicagokar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we live in Chicago but we are from Northern CA.  Are you having fun planning from 2,000 miles away :)

I called the church by Meritage and they said they only do weddings for members of their church.  I think we have decided on Yountville Community Church, its a little white chapel in Yountville.  It’s small but really cute.  We looked at Brix as well, I have heard great things.
     Have you guys started looking at Photographers and Dj’s?
  • edited December 2011
    go on the website for the city of St. Helena. They have a park with a gazebo. it's only $100 to reserve it and it's right in St. Helena. I am getting married in October too and had it reserved but moved my location to Sonoma to have a one stop location. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards