Snarky Brides

AYG

Re: AYG

• CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    You're breaking my heart, Jas. 

eta - And I live on the right side of Canada! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:0be233df-e385-47c5-b128-999e901ee898">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Flame related: It irritates me when people come in with their intro threads or whatever, and then immediately start 5 new threads about random sh*t because they're like, totally posters now. I like threads, and I'm not saying they shouldn't, it just irritates me.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]
    That's another one I can get behind.  I kind of feel like this is what KatEye did.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I find it remotely amusing that with all the shiit that's gone down in the last week or so, vow renewals are the hot topic of AYG.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:d55c59aa-a639-468a-b5d9-8dc3714b31d1">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : That's another one I can get behind.  I kind of feel like this is what KatEye did.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the one I had in mind, but there was another one who did it too that I can't remember.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:0be233df-e385-47c5-b128-999e901ee898">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Pish, more like you live on the wrong side of the US. Flame related: <strong>It irritates me when people come in with their intro threads or whatever, and then immediately start 5 new threads about random sh*t because they're like, totally posters now. I like threads, and I'm not saying they shouldn't, it just irritates me.</strong>

YES. It's like the floodgates open, and it always feels too contrived. Like they made a list of "interesting" thread topics to start, then made an intro post so they could unleash them all.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:1c85d87d-367c-4b29-b369-f069b3fbe1ea">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I find it remotely amusing that with <strong>all the shiit that's gone down in the last week or so</strong>, vow renewals are the hot topic of AYG.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Like?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:1c85d87d-367c-4b29-b369-f069b3fbe1ea">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I find it remotely amusing that with all the shiit that's gone down in the last week or so, vow renewals are the hot topic of AYG.
    What shiit?
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • I don't like posts like Nebb's or J&K's that basically say "there's better stuff to discuss than this boring crap" without bringing it.  You got something better?  Let's hear it. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:c77dda48-945f-4704-9e27-46fde75bfb86">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Yeah, that's the one I had in mind, but there was another one who did it too that I can't remember.

We already kind of touched on it, but rxjen. Maybe Dawnmarie too but I like her posts for the most part.
  • Really??  Everything with the last AYG thread and the ones that followed it (about people being too nice, too mean, blah blah blah).  It seems like people got pretty worked up about it, and then suddenly it was like everyone wanted to pretend none of it happened. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:fcf3b635-ca9f-4bca-83d0-f23390a9ae54">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : We already kind of touched on it, but rxjen. Maybe Dawnmarie too but I like her posts for the most part.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that kind of thing. So I guess I'm just broadening on that, lol.
  • edited November 2010
    That's what I thought you were getting at J, and I've definitely had that "elephant" feeling about it during this AYG too. Seems like this would be the one time it's cool to talk about it, not be silent all of a sudden.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:c24ffc2f-9a80-499c-b6f6-3ab2ed2466bd">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like posts like Nebb's or J&K's that basically say "there's better stuff to discuss than this boring crap" without bringing it.  You got something better?  Let's hear it. 
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

Ha, true story.  I guess I've already said everything I wanted to say with the stuff I referring to--except for my follow up post that I just made that it was weird that everyone seemed so worked up and then just forgot about it.  I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel like there are things people want to say that they're not saying.  I don't know.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:53827717-f675-45dd-b690-d301788e72cc">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really??  Everything with the last AYG thread and the ones that followed it (about people being too nice, too mean, blah blah blah).  It seems like people got pretty worked up about it, and then <strong>suddenly it was like everyone wanted to pretend none of it happened</strong>. 
    Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head with that last part, which is why AYG is so bad this week.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:53827717-f675-45dd-b690-d301788e72cc">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really??  Everything with the last AYG thread and the ones that followed it (about people being too nice, too mean, blah blah blah).  It seems like people got pretty worked up about it, and then suddenly it was like everyone wanted to pretend none of it happened. 

I'm still not sure what you mean. But if it's just the mean/nice thing honestly, I'm sooo sick of talking about too nice, too mean, too snarksexswingalicious. Nothing is ever actually done about it, so it seems incredibly redundant.
  • Oh, and remember when futurepivko came back around and I called her on it and she was all, "what? I don't get it?"

And, yeah, J. I knew what you meant too. I am not good at putting my finger on these things though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:53f39917-54e6-4a52-8cd5-d53faac23ebb">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Ha, true story.  I guess I've already said everything I wanted to say with the stuff I referring to--except for my follow up post that I just made that it was weird that everyone seemed so worked up and then just forgot about it.  I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel like there are things people want to say that they're not saying.  I don't know.

The only thing I really had to say flame-wise this week was the Kat Eyes thing, but I said it in that particular thread and it didn't seem worth re-hashing. But other than that, I have a bad TK memory. I barely remember threads from yesterday, let alone all week long.
  • Vow-renewal-ers have no heart Celles. They're like cylons. They only look human.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:0803e5fa-6261-436c-a579-234b3f31b66f">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : The only thing I really had to say flame-wise this week was the Kat Eyes thing, but I said it in that particular thread and it didn't seem worth re-hashing. But other than that, I have a bad TK memory. I barely remember threads from yesterday, let alone all week long.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I can't even remember what I had for breakfast most days.  Except it's an even bigger problem that it sounds like it is, because I have the same thing for breakfast almost every single day.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:051dae9b-5487-4744-96be-1515615609f5">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Oh, and remember when futurepivko came back around and I called her on it and she was all, "what? I don't get it?"</strong> And, yeah, J. I knew what you meant too. I am not good at putting my finger on these things though.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

WHY wasn't I here for this?! Sadface.

• Oh I have another one.  I was lurking on E the other day and saw the Unpopular Opinions thread.  I have to flame Mgeitler for saying she'd walk away from, and refuse to help, anyone who didn't speak fluent English.  Her explanations did not help her case.  I don't have a link.  Sorry.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • I didn't get in on the whole board dynamic, too nice too mean discussion. So yeah, that didn't even register with me as "shiit" simply because I didn't participate. Obviously it was a big deal to some people, I'm just not one of them. I think I read through some of it, but like Sarah said, TK really loses its appeal when we sit around an dissect everything about how we all interact with one another. It's just kind of a boring topic to me.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:40402485-b1bd-4f5e-8213-eb7a4a503b69">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh I have another one.  I was lurking on E the other day and saw the Unpopular Opinions thread.  I have to flame Mgeitler for saying she'd walk away from, and refuse to help, anyone who didn't speak fluent English.  Her explanations did not help her case.  I don't have a link.  Sorry.

:O
       I can't fathom why other countries think Americans are arrogant.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:40402485-b1bd-4f5e-8213-eb7a4a503b69">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh I have another one.  I was lurking on E the other day and saw the Unpopular Opinions thread.  I have to flame Mgeitler for saying she'd walk away from, and refuse to help, anyone who didn't speak fluent English.  Her explanations did not help her case.  I don't have a link.  Sorry.

Yeah, she did some MAJOR backpeddling.  Like from "I REFUSE to deal with anyone who doesn't speak English" to "well, what I meant was, I want them to have good service and since I can't understand them, I can't provide it, so I want them to be helped by someone who can...ummm...yeah, that!"

• Poop and turds, there's now a thread on E with "delima" in the title.
  • I don't think it's so much that people want to pretend that the elephant in the room discussions never happened, as it is the subject has been beaten to death, trampled, chopped into bite-sized pieces, thrown into the ocean and eaten by sharks. 

• edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:02e4c2f9-08c1-407d-8adb-d62bd026ac1f">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't get in on the whole board dynamic, too nice too mean discussion. So yeah, that didn't even register with me as "shiit" simply because I didn't participate. Obviously it was a big deal to some people, I'm just not one of them. I think I read through some of it, but like Sarah said, <strong>TK really loses its appeal when we sit around an dissect everything about how we all interact with one another. </strong>It's just kind of a boring topic to me.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I think that's what AYG/FFF-type threads are for. <em>Because</em> it's being discussed anyway, all week long in many threads, in passive-aggressive ways. If everyone agreed to drop it and it was never spoken of, then I can see bringing it up here as excessive, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time.

ETA: Perhaps people have agreed in their own minds by now to stop talking about it, but I don't see it, so I for one was expecting something more here today.

• Remember that chick who posted the Arizona rant? She never came back.
       I wonder what happened to her.
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks for the link, LC :)

Yeah it was bad, J.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards