New York-Hudson Valley

For those who were Grandview brides of who have been to weddings there

What did you think of the dinner portion? The actual entrees? When we went for the tasting, some people at our table weren't crazy about the steak. Just curious how it went on the actual day of the wedding.
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: For those who were Grandview brides of who have been to weddings there

• edited December 2011
    All of our guests RAVED about the food at our wedding. I myself had the steak both at the tasting, and at the wedding, and loved it. As for portion size, after the cocktail hour, I think most people were struggling to even eat part of their entrees, let alone wanting more after they were gone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    W'e're getting married there in Oct, and have gone to 2 tastings, as well as NYE there and have been amazed by there food and portions. There portions are HUGE!! The ONLY complaint that I have ever heard about food was about a particular steak dish, which I believe was the Rib Eye. We actually got to try the NY strip the first tasting, and then the Rib Eye. We definitly prefered the NY Strip. Do you remember which steak dish you had?
  • KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I'm not sure what steak I had- I just remember loving mine. I actually think my parents didn't like the cheesy potatoes, so maybe we will ask to swap out. The food really was fantastic!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We had the ribeye and everyone loved it. All of our guests said the food was phenominal and I thought the portions were perfect.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there and the food was phenomenal!  I have been there for other occasions too.  Last NYE is the only time I didn't love the enree... I think it was the rib eye... but I am super picky about steak (I pretty much only eat Filet or Prime Rib!).  The appetizers are a lot and by dinner, your guests will be stuffed!
  • edited December 2011
    I used to work at the Grandview as a cocktail/dinner server. The cooks in back are great! One thing I should warn you about though, when one bottle of wine is running low, the servers are instructed to fill it up with old wine from a previous event, and re-cork it. Kindof gross. Every place has their own shortcuts, and that's Grandview's! You will probably be having too good of a time to notice though, it's beautiful there!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards