Wedding Reception Forum
Options

is it going to look cheap?

Hi all! My boyfriend and I are getting married in march 31st  2013, since he is still studying and i just finished college and on my first job we don't have alot of budget for our wedding so i need some help please,

We are going to have a small wedding in the afternoon, i already have a venue in mind that is like a house but with a really nice vintage style and also really cheap :) they have the option to serve meals or hors d´oeuvre ( both option are within our budget), my question is, will it look bad to just have Hors d´oeuvres? because i prefer the option of having a variety of food and letting them choose what to eat, but since most of our guests are family i think it won't look formal enough.

Also, since most of our families live in another state we were thinking in sending a formal email like an invitation for our wedding so they can receive later the formal invitation by mail (this because the postal service in Mexico is really bad and everything arrives a month or two later)

Sorry if my english is bad, my fist language is spanish :)

Re: is it going to look cheap?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_going-look-cheap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:2ade30c9-14d6-43dd-b061-e45e0a4bdd8aPost:fbe7876b-fc4b-4341-8c39-644db47baba7">Re: is it going to look cheap?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bienvenidos!  Your English is excellent!  It's totally fine to do appetizers at a non-meal time.  I had a traditional Mexican wedding, and I know most people will expect lots of food and drinks.  Just specify on the invitation that appetizers are to follow the ceremony or something like that.
    Posted by 1covejack[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. It's a non-meal time so that's perfect. However, in our Latin cultures, people could definitely interpret a 4pm wedding as "let's eat a light lunch and eat at sweetlullaby's wedding!!!" lol. Putting hors d'hoeurves reception to follow (or a similarly appropriate message) on the invitation will help keep the message clear and your guests happy and satisfied! Suerte! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards