Hawaii

Sarento's on the Beach? Also - Maui Lodging?

Can anyone recommend this restaurant? Based upon their website, I love the view and decor and price point for dinner after my wedding.  We're not having a "reception" per se - just a nice dinner for us and three kids and MIL.

Also - we're renting a condo for the week, but I was hoping to find a property that had individual villas/cabins for the two of us on our wedding night, preferably ocean front/ocean view.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Sarento's on the Beach? Also - Maui Lodging?

• We are having our dinner there after our wedding on 11/10 so I will know more after that, but so far they have been great! I literally looked at every nice restaurant in South Maui for our dinner. (Ferraro's, Duo, Spago, Ko, Capische, 5 Palms, Nick's Fishmarket, Mala, and Gannon's.... Yes, I was in contact with ALL of these restaurants).

Here's what I can say about Sarento's so far: We live on Oahu and frequently go to Sarento's at the top of the Ilikai, so we know that the food and service is good, and they are run by the same company so I can assume it's consistent. They are the only restaurant that was truly helpful when I was calling and emailing to make arrangements. Lots of the other restaurants took forever to respond, had no availability, or were rude when asking about a small wedding party (we only have 8 people). Also, a lot of the places jack up the prices or do not allow you to do certain things (we wanted to bring our own wedding cake). Sarento's was also the only place that could guarantee us lanai (outdoor) seating in a semi-exclusive setting (in that nobody would be walking through our party other than their staff) and they are letting us bring our own cake with a modest cake cutting fee. Their event manager Patricia is really nice, she was willing to make any combination of menus, prix fixe, a la carte, etc. for our party. We ended up ordering some family style appetizers and then we will be ordering off the regular menu. Give her a call, she is great. She even offered to have chilled champagne waiting at the table upon our arrival.  They also don't require a deposit because they trust their guests. So far, I have been impressed with their service. I'm not sure about the food or location yet. Sorry this is so long, I work in the hotel/travel industry so I'm super critical about guest service- no matter what size the party is!

As far as villas/cabins, I don't know of any in that area. I think you will have to go for a hotel or condo. Cabins in that area are usually very rustic and more for camping. A luxury villa will run you some serious $$$, and usually they have a 3-5 night minimum depending on the property. We looked into renting one for a weekend and couldn't find anyone who would let us rent for just 2 nights. As far as hotels, we are staying at the Waldorph Astoria Grand Wailea, the rooms seem pretty nice. You could also check out Four Seasons or the Marriott.

Good luck and I'll post more about Sarento's after our wedding!
  • Thank you so much and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! FI is in love with the pictures of Sarento's, so I'm happy to hear favorable things. How far in advance did you get in touch with Patricia? Our wedding is in July.

If we can't find a villa, I'll be looking into the Marriott, since I have lots of points I could use, :)

• Thanks! I'll definitely post a review afterwards. We actually only confirmed our reservation earlier this week... so less than 3 weeks until the wedding! I was in first contact with her a week or so ago. I wish I had done it sooner because they have a more private area that was booked. We kind of planned everything last minute. I would get in contact with her in April or May just to reserve your table and then you can talk about menus and details as it gets closer. July is busy here.

The Marriott is really nice, and especially if you are using points and tell them its your wedding/honeymoon they will definitely upgrade you (just let them know in advance). The Marriott was our second choice, we are staying at the Grand Wailea because I used to work for Hilton so I have some hook-ups. I've worked for Marriott also and I love that hotel. It's gorgeous! Definitely check it out if you can't find a villa, I think it's 70,000 pts a night.
  • Hi girls! I actually just had my dinner there for my wedding, it was 9 of us and it was perfect! I'm actually still on honeymoon so message me if you want more info and I'll get back to you when I get home. I'd definitely recommend them though!
  • Yay! I'm glad to hear you liked it... did you order off the menu or do the prix fixe?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_sarentos-on-the-beach-also-maui-lodging?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:2594d6cc-23ec-4c4e-91ef-9c2efc8162a1Post:341dea3a-3f0d-4450-9a23-f75084c06822">Re: Sarento's on the Beach? Also - Maui Lodging?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay! I'm glad to hear you liked it... did you order off the menu or do the prix fixe?
    Posted by knockout7075[/QUOTE]

We ordered off the menu since it was only 9 of us. All of our meals came out together, and hot, and so good. They did a really nice job.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards