February 2012 Weddings
Options

So irate right now....just want to elope

So I wake up this morning to FI's mother apologizing to me on behalf of her sister...for this little gem on a photo they took for my bridal shower:

Cody, Nichole's shower was nice. However, your mother was never introduced to ANY ONE at the shower, nor your grandmother Wallace. (or me) That being said, her friend Naomi was very rude to your grandmother & to me. Grandma Wallace asked, when the shower was over & there was several bottles of lotion left from the party if she might have one, which Namoi replyed 'NO", THOSE BELONG TO NICHOLE". This was so disrespectful. We are talking about lotion that cost nothing. And this is YOUR GRANDMOTHER! If this is any indication of what to expect at the wedding your grandmother & I are worried. Good Luck!

1st you never left your seat....except to get food....2nd no one knew anyone there. Everyone was stated as who they were and how they knew me. the whole stupid lotion thing OMG his grandmother came up to me at the end and said "Tracey did not get a prize for winning can I take this" and I said sure no problem.

If she thinks ANYONE is going to introduce themselves at the wedding then she better have a nametag because it's not OUR JOB we won't even be there until the end of cocktail hour and then BUSY....it's a party do your own darn thing. This is the same woman who I will forbid to ever be around my future children alone (everyone says she has this disease of some sort but for months she would post comments on her page glorifying his ex fiance who cheated and got preggo by another man and wants nothing to do with their family)

I just need a deep breath.....I so wish we would just not pay off the 2 venues and go elope !!!!
Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker

Re: So irate right now....just want to elope

• Options
    Deep Breaths.... At least his mom apologized for it. Some people just HAVE to stir $h!t and can never leave well enough alone. If you haven't learned that by now, this was a crash course! Its almost over, you'll get thru it. All your hard work will have paid off, and you will have a great day, and even if it sucks, in the end you're still married to the man you love, right? I keep telling myself daily, just breathe, its almost over HAHAHA.
    You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! The nerve!  Looks like someone needs attention! Just punch something and get it over with girl!  You have a wedding to be worried about not this crap! For me personally I would address it with the aunt very soon so she knows that wont be tolerated but to just also say I'm sorry you felt that way.  Then move on..looks like she may complain about everything so I would just brush it off! I understand the frustration but don't let her ruin your next few weeks until your wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I would approach her but she deleted me off FB in October when FI got me my new tattoo for my bday (she had a lot to say about it) then deleted me. So I have to go through his mother....I have no shame in having her removed from my wedding if she acts up. There are only so many excuses people can make for this woman for her behavior the past year.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My MIL pulled the smae thing at one of my showers. Said no one talked to her as well. Then proceeded to UNinvite my family from the rehersal and invite her neighbors instead!
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    Wow! First of all that belongs in the passive-aggressive notes hall of fame.

Just breathe :) It's almost over.

I have had a hell of a week explaining to my father that no, immediate family and wedding party only at the rehearsal dinner does not equal stepmom's family having dinner taken care of just cause they are booked the night before the wedding All I can do at this point is laugh
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    How immature is this lady? Don't sweat it, once she is part of your family officially, you can tell her to go to hell and not feel bad about it :) haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards