Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

When to wax eyebrows?

My wedding is two weeks and  I don't want to risk puffy eyebrows by doing it too late or hairy eyes by going too soon. When is a good time?

Re: When to wax eyebrows?

• Options
    My eyebrows are normally only puffy for a couple hours after waxing and normally stay "fuzz free" for 2-3 days without touchups. So maybe 2 days is safe?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My makeup artist told me if I was doing any waxing to do it 2 weeks before (especially because I've never had any waxing done before!)
  • Options
    My eyes are only puffy for the first couple hours as well. For my wedding I did them 5 days before because I got married in Hawaii. My sister got married 2 weeks ago tomorrow and I got them done the day before her wedding and I already show re-growth. I wouldn't go anymore than 5 days out.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    sbradkesbradke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I get real puffy and red but it never lasts more than 36 hours.  I now prefer threading... less redness.  I plan on going three to four days before my wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_when-to-wax-eyebrows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:d3cda917-18ba-4dbf-8c94-f72d852b6e34Post:d3e04f1d-619a-4d34-9999-54ab476c913b">When to wax eyebrows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is two weeks and  I don't want to risk puffy eyebrows by doing it too late or hairy eyes by going too soon. When is a good time?
    Posted by Stegburr[/QUOTE]

I have scheduled mine two weekds before the wedding. I do this because I am sometimes left with little bumps so they should be gone by then. EEK! If anything new sprouts up, you can always pluck it out real quick!
  • Options
    If you're worried about puffiness, get a face version of the magic bag (you know, the bean bag things you can freeze or heat?), or even a gel ice mask to put on right after the waxing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do it no less than 1 week before your wedding! I had my brows waxed 3 days prior, and had a minor allergic reaction from the wax. It finally did heal up by the wedding day, but I was super panicked that I would still be swollen and red walking down the aisle. Leave yourself enough time to recover from any mishaps - you can always tweeze the few stray hairs that might grow back.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    OP, since it doesn't seem that you've done it before, you never know how you'll react. I would get it done about a week out. That way if you have a reaction, there's time for it to heal (and just pluck regrowth), but it still fairly close so it shouldn't grow back super fast.

I've been waxed before and I'm having everything (eyebrows, legs, bikini, and underarms) waxed 2 days before so it'll last longer for the HM.

Also try finding a place that does hard wax. Its A LOT less painful than the standard wax. I go to Ultra Skin Wax Center and I think they are a franchise so maybe see if something like that is around you?
  • Options
    Two weeks to ten days before.  My problem is less the puffiness and more that I almost always break out at least a little bit wherever the hair was removed about 3 days after waxing or threading.  So I recommend waxing far enough beforehand that any blemishes have a chance to clear up before the wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_when-to-wax-eyebrows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:d3cda917-18ba-4dbf-8c94-f72d852b6e34Post:a1c9af06-ed84-425f-a41b-f07891b8aa6c">Re: When to wax eyebrows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two weeks to ten days before.  My problem is less the puffiness and more that I almost always break out at least a little bit wherever the hair was removed about 3 days after waxing or threading.  So I recommend waxing far enough beforehand that any blemishes have a chance to clear up before the wedding.
    Posted by calliopeia2013[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just had mine done today and I'm in a wedding on Satuday. Mine take forever to grow back, so it just depends. But like others have said, if you've never had waxing, add a few more days in there for any mishaps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When you wax your eyebrows you are essentially opening your pores. This means you should not put anything besides a mild toner to contract the skin (especially makeup) on the area for up to 24 hrs or you will most likely break out. I would reccomend doing it the week prior, You can always tweeze any stray hairs. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards