Wedding Etiquette Forum

People don't RSVP! Please help! Time sensitive!

13»

Re: People don't RSVP! Please help! Time sensitive!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_people-dont-rsvp-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ba431e1e-5711-4dd0-8737-c02d441671efPost:5c1b8fac-4edf-4c92-9c3f-480b7c13557c">Re: People don't RSVP! Please help! Time sensitive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just don't feel that they deserve the extra effort from me when they wouldn't give it! It's not right or fair and I don't feel that they should be allowed to attend!
    Posted by BaffledBride721[/QUOTE]

I think this is kinda ridiculous.  I am planning my wedding, just graduated grad school, made a wedding dress, altered 2 bridesmaid dresses, did a bridesmaid's hair for a wedding, have been studying for the national counselor's exam.  I forgot to RSVP to a bridal shower that was today.  My friend welcomed me, I apologized, but she knows that even though I am excited about her wedding, my life doesn't revolve around her wedding.  I will try my hardest to RSVP in a timely manner for her wedding, but if I forget, I would hope that she'd call me to make sure I was coming instead of uninviting me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My RSVP date is today too. We're missing about 20 out of 220. We're going to start calling on Tuesday. Our venue needs a final head count next friday which is a week out from our wedding.

It will be OK, OP. Just start calling early next week- NBD.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_people-dont-rsvp-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ba431e1e-5711-4dd0-8737-c02d441671efPost:9bf69d7e-d128-4f26-9919-9eb9023aa4f7">Re: People don't RSVP! Please help! Time sensitive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: People don't RSVP! Please help! Time sensitive! : You probably didn't see it, because it was in another thread, but she reminded us of the golden rule, so BE NICE! ;)
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

Trust me, that WAS nice.  ;)
  • Fee437Fee437 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I had the same problem... we had the deadline 6 weeks in advance to "force" people to give us RSVPs when we needed them, and still had 100 people (out of 250 invited) that we needed to call. For friends, I sent out a private facebook message or text. For family, my mother and grandmother and I made a lot of phone calls. If you don't have phone numbers, email works too. It's not rude; you need to know how many people are attending! My wedding is 7 days away and we only have one person who has given us a "maybe"... we're counting him as yes to be safe and being done with it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_people-dont-rsvp-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ba431e1e-5711-4dd0-8737-c02d441671efPost:3e3ce775-b87a-4d3b-9566-4b28b3185f4b">Re: People don't RSVP! Please help! Time sensitive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had the same problem... we had the deadline 6 weeks in advance to "force" people to give us RSVPs when we needed them, and still had 100 people (out of 250 invited) that we needed to call. For friends, I sent out a private facebook message or text. For family, my mother and grandmother and I made a lot of phone calls. If you don't have phone numbers, email works too. It's not rude; you need to know how many people are attending! My wedding is 7 days away and we only have one person who has given us a "maybe"... we're counting him as yes to be safe and being done with it. 
    Posted by Fee437[/QUOTE]

<div>I wouldn't RSVP 6 weeks in advance unless you were our best friends or immediate family.  We don't know our work schedules that far in advance.  </div><div>
    </div><div>No offense.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Aw, I miss this place so much when I'm gone!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We did it! June 9, 2012

• Wow bridezilla! If you are so upset that these people haven't RSVP'd yet and your dinner is $100/plate then maybe you shouldn't have invited them in the first place. If it is a time sensitive issue then why did you make the RSVP date so close to the wedding. I know with my venue I have until the week before the wedding to give a final head count...plenty of time for those stragglers of mine...which ends up being about half of my guests. But I'm not freaking out over something so frivolous and then threatening to disinvite them. That's just rude. But hey, maybe you should send your story in to some television network so you can get on t.v. and then your day really can be all about you! 
  • Okay ladies please don't attack me, but if you look past her attitude, she does have somewhat of a point. Had I been invited to an extravagant wedding, I would RSVP immediately! Uninviting guests who have not rsvp'd yet is a little extreme, but honestly if I had a $100/plate option, and guests were just not getting back to me even after multiple phone calls/emails, etc., I'd surely not save them a plate, I'd assume they're not coming and send them a polite notice that after several attempts of contact, their presence is not expected at the wedding or reception.
  • I don't think she's freaking out about calling... I'm pretty sure she means like what she should do if calling doesn't work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards