Mississippi

Shower advice

I have 2 different people wanting to throw showers for me. And one is wanting a huge party at a clubhouse for mine and his friends. But, the wedding is just immediate family because we both have large families, and we're on a budget. Plus, I just really didn't want a huge wedding. The problem is who do I invite to the showers? I have many family friends and co-workers that I would love to come, but I hate to invite someone to a shower and not the wedding. But maybe because it is only immediate family, everyone will understand? I just really don't want to be the one who says "hey... buy me a gift but you're not special enough to come to the wedding"

Any suggestions on how to handle this??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shower advice

• Mary0897Mary0897 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having the same issue, small intimate wedding, but two showers.  I told my aunts they could throw a small family shower and my sister is going to throw me a shower for just the other women (not family) coming to the wedding; such as the two bridesmaids and a few really close friends invited to the wedding.  You can't invite people to a shower that are not invited to the wedding.  However, if your co-workers, for instance, decided to throw you a shower knowing that you are having a small wedding, it is ok.  You just can't ask for gifts from people who aren't invited.  If your friend wants to throw you a big shower then make it the only shower and only invite everyone invited to the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards