Louisiana-New Orleans

no response from vendors?

Hi friends - I requested proposals from 3 different venues before holding a date. Basically the full write up of how much this whole shebang would cost and haven't heard back from any of them (one did request further information from me regarding date, time, etc.) but the other 2 haven't responded at all.

Should I send a f/u e-mail? 

I realized my date is a year away and I'm not a priority but shouldn't I be concerned if there is so little response from them at this stage - or is this normal?

Re: no response from vendors?

• louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012

Today is Mardi Gras, so many businesses are closed.  I wouldn't expect any responses until later this week.

Generally I found vendors in New Orleans to be a little slower than I've dealt with in other cities, but if it bothers you, you should hire someone more responsive to your needs.  I don't think it is unreasonable to send a follow up email though.

• When did you request the stuff?  All vendors will have been slammed since last weekend with Mardi Gras events. 
  • I found that some of the venues I contacted didn't get back in touch with me either.  I considered it to be their loss and just went with one of the venues which was prompt in replying with the information.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • If you were requesting info last week or this week, there is good explanation (Mardi Gras as pp said). If you are talking about having requesting info 3-4 weeks ago, then I would be forming a negative opinion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks guys! I'll wait a little while longer and then send a f/u e-mail. 

Trying not to read into the lack of response.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards