Illinois-Chicago
Options

Please help NW burbs

Okay soooo, you gals seem to know what you are doing here. I need help. I found my Prince Charming after a horrible abusive relationship. His was not any better. We have 6 kids and 1 between us for a total of 7. I budget everything....EVERYTHING. I need help with any and all ideas that you gals can give me. I am in Chicago NW suburbs. I plan on DIY as much as possible BUT with all the kids I really have no time at all to search for ideas. We plan on getting married on October 29th of this year. Please just help. Please. Colors wasabi and tangerine. I want to include the children as they want to be included. I think I found my dress, my mother and godmother are super creative and great with sewing and cooking. They are on board to help also. Please ladies if you have any other ?s just post. Please help.
Signed,
The Little Bride that lives in a shoe with so many kids she needs help with her wedding!!

Re: Please help NW burbs

• Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hey Rae, I responded to your post like this in DIY board.  Feel free to PM me if there's something specific I can help with!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a venue? How many guests are you inviting? Do you plan for a pretty casual fall wedding or do you want something more elegant?
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • Options
    RaeR1015RaeR1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something that it a little more casual.
    There will be alot of kids so I just want everyone to have fun.
  • Options
    RaeR1015RaeR1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is like 150.
    Also please ladies if you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything, seriously I have had problems when I have posted before and I just cant deal with negativity. If you don't like my life don't post, please.
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_please-nw-burbs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:e40a3208-7c41-4355-9d7b-3b451d15147dPost:40abc44c-9ca6-4291-81ae-4e39e9d7bfcd">Re: Please help NW burbs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it is like 150. Also please ladies if you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything, seriously I have had problems when I have posted before and I just cant deal with negativity. If you don't like my life don't post, please.
    Posted by RaeR1015[/QUOTE]

?
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Point us in a direction.  Sit down dinner, cocktail party/appetizer reception, buffet?  Budget?

You wrote "something a little more casual" -  more casual than what tho?
  • Options
    truthhurtstruthhurts member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about finding a venue where you just rent the space.  Then you can bring in all the food.  A luncheon wedding might be nice.  Perhaps someplace in or near a park district so the kids can run around. 
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Many apartment and condo complexes will rent out their party rooms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards