June 2012 Weddings

Color Help (Shades)

So June 2012 is a long way away I know but I see many of you have been posting about your color choices.

I have looked at a lot of colors and am pretty sure that we are going to have blue and purple as our main colors, since it is each of our favorite colors.  However, I have absolutely no idea which is going to be the primary color, what shades, etc. 

Have you decided on the specific colors yet?  I want to have a color accented wedding dress, so what color I pick is really important to me since the main color will be on my dress as well as BM dresses.  Right now I have two purples in mind, one is a vibrant purple and another a more lilac color and the three blues I have in mind, one is cobalt, one is a marine blue-green color and the third is a pastel blue.

I like the idea of bright, vibrant colors, but I just don't know.  I know most people that go to a wedding probably don't think too much of the colors, but it seems like such a big deal to me.

Re: Color Help (Shades)

• my colors are lilac, pariwinkle blue and lime.  i had a hard time with picking colors too. my inspiration actualy came to me from a shower curtain that my dorm room mate bought.
    i messed around with all kinds of shades
    i think what amber said above would be wonderful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really love this site for help with picking color schemes: http://colorschemedesigner.com/

I looked at the analogic option for you since blue and purple are right next to each other. Other colors that would go well with blue and purple are pinks and yellows. Play with the sliding bar on the color wheel to select shades. It's a lot of fun!
  • That is a pretty cool website about the colors! I got engaged on Father's Day and I picked our colors immediately. We are going with green, orange, and yellow, which are nice summery shades and it's colors we both enjoy. My fiance let me choose, which was nice. I am not sure exactly what the shades of the colors will be yet, but I'm sure it will be easier to choose them once I find the bridesmaid dress in a color that looks nice. Plus, I want to go with the most natural colors that go with our flowers, which will be mostly orange and yellow lillies. I love the idea of purple and blue like you chose! Good luck with your planning. A little pop of hot pink or a pink ribbon might look nice with it too!
    "Blue-eyed boy meets a brown-eyed girl. The Sweetest Thing." June 23, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm also a June 2012 bride and my colors are (for the moment) Yellow and green. I was thinking about black and yellow, but I'm afraid we'll look like bees aor yellow and blue.... i want Yellow to be the main color

[yellow+and+green.jpg]
  • msnina - I wanted to do bright yellow too, but i'm also afraid of the bumblebee vibe... especially when paired with the tuxes. 
    I have a couple different ideas for colors and my FI is almost no help with the colors.  We're going to do a garden wedding so I was thinking about a blush pink (one website called it claret) w/ light yellow, though i worry this is too girly... but i also love light yellow, marine blue and navy, though i'm afraid they are inappropriate for the season.
    Thankfully there's PLENTY of time left before the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards