New Jersey

Studio Uno, John Agnello or Dean Michaels??

Has anyone ever used any of these 3 photographers and can you give me any feedback?   

I met with Studio Uno and they are great.  I went on John Agnello and Dean Michaels websites and their pictures look great as well so I'm not sure who to choose.

Studio Uno
John Agnello
Dean Michaels

Re: Studio Uno, John Agnello or Dean Michaels??

• bereasonable2bereasonable2 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    John Agnello looks like the best of the 3.

Hilarious that Dean Michaels calls himself a "celebrity" photographer when all the celebrity photos look like snapshots at events and not where he was hired by the celebrity directly.
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used John Agnello for my July wedding.  He was AMAZING.  I can't say enough good things about him.  I love the pictures he captured on my wedding day.  He was also so great to have around the day of.   So many of my friends and family asked who my photographer was due to his great personality.  John also posted some pictures on facebook the next morning.  I loved being able to get a sneak peak of some of the my pictures before my HM.  My proofs were ready to pick up 2 weeks after my wedding.  I would definitely go and make an appointment to meet John!  Again, not only is he VERY talented, he is really a great person. BTW where is your venue?  A lot of those photographers were recommended by my venue.

• edited December 2011
    i used dean michaels studio and had rich as my main photographer. he was amazing, the studio was great to work with and my album came out wonderful. it was money well spent. i dont know anything about the other photogs though
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dsimone43dsimone43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I met with Dean MIchaels during the summer... While his pictures were pretty good he talked over everything I said.  I could hardly get a word in... even when I was trying to tell him what I was looking for and what we were expecting and hoping to get from our photographer.  The other part that rubbed me the wrong was was that once you give them your down payment you are assigned a photographer.... you don't meet with the person who will be taking the pictures of your wedding before you hand over the cash.  We were worred that we wouldn't mesh with who they chose for us and who was available... and also wondered if we would even like their style.

We decided to go with these guys
    http://www.jamesandchristine.com/

Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I think I'm going to decide between Studio Uno and John Agnello.

BridetoBe730,  I'm getting married at the Venetian.  I've heard great thing about John Agnello but I know he's a little more expensive then Studio Uno.  I'll make an appointment anyway.

I have another question....Studio Uno asked me what I'm looking for and I really don't have any specifications for the photos.  I saw their albums and they looked great.  I like formal,  romantic and candid pictures so I don't want just one style.  They made it seem like women go in there being very picky and specific.  Is there anything I should be asking or be specific about?
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Studio Uno - they did two weddings that I was in and I can tell you that the pictures are fantastic and they are a pleasure to work with. I don't think you'll regret if you book them. Nick is fantastic - they are very reasonable and have a very affordable photo/video combo package.

Others that I know that have used them say nothing but good things about the quality of service, even after the wedding when you are doing your album. They truly want to make you  happy.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_studio-uno-john-agnello-dean-michaels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:b3bb4862-65b9-44e3-bd93-70bae4c9f368Post:bc9425ce-f1e9-45b8-98a7-0f8de32804b9">Re: Studio Uno, John Agnello or Dean Michaels??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone!  I think I'm going to decide between Studio Uno and John Agnello. BridetoBe730,  I'm getting married at the Venetian.  I've heard great thing about John Agnello but I know he's a little more expensive then Studio Uno.  I'll make an appointment anyway. I have another question....Studio Uno asked me what I'm looking for and I really don't have any specifications for the photos.  I saw their albums and they looked great. <strong> I like formal,  romantic and candid pictures so I don't want just one style.  They made it seem like women go in there being very picky and specific.  Is there anything I should be asking or be specific about?
    </strong>Posted by JK725[/QUOTE]

That may be the case, but they will work with you if you're not sure. When I met with Nick, I told him that I wanted very candid, contemporary but still traditional photos. I also told him that I really want awesome church photos. They also can tell by your venue what they can do to capture what you want. I believe Studio Uno is a preferred vendor of the Venetian. My friend was married there two years ago and I believe they found out about Studio Uno through the Venetian.

You've reminded me that I need to call Nick to schedule my engagement shoot.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Odonnellalys!  

By the way,  I just read my statement again and I worded that wrong.  I didn't mean to say that he thought women were picky.  It's great that people go to them and know exactly what they want.  And Nick was very helpful with showing me different styles.  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_studio-uno-john-agnello-dean-michaels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:b3bb4862-65b9-44e3-bd93-70bae4c9f368Post:644e8976-37f8-4cea-a9c1-646d2b2ce41b">Re: Studio Uno, John Agnello or Dean Michaels??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Odonnellalys!   By the way,  I just read my statement again and I worded that wrong.  I didn't mean to say that he thought women were picky.  It's great that people go to them and know exactly what they want.  And Nick was very helpful with showing me different styles.  
    Posted by JK725[/QUOTE]

I looked at a few myself and after looking at a few different books I kinda just told him that I wanted something from every album! I, too, didn't know how to respond when he asked me what my style is. When I told him the reason why I picked my venue, he got a better understanding of what I wanted.

I know it sounds partial and biased, but you will not go wrong if you book with them. They are professional, friendly, and reasonably priced. Good luck with your search and PM me if you have any other questions about them!
  • edited December 2011

Thanks so much!!  I appreciate your help.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards