Catholic Weddings
Options

The Rapture

I read on another board that Catholics don't believe in the Rapture? Do you not have Revelations or do you interpret it differently? 

Re: The Rapture

• Options
    agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The book of Revelations is accepted in the Catholic bible.

Here is the Catholic position on the "rapture"

http://www.catholic.com/library/Rapture.asp
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    If you go to the Politics & Debates board on the nest, there are tons of great jokes about The Rapture predicted for the 21st. They're not sacrilegious, just funny
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard Camping's press conference yesterday.  That guy is completely unapologetic.  Oh, and apparently now the Rapture was silent, but the end of the world will be coming on 10/21/2011.  Right, buddy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_rapture?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:862fd27b-f693-4a6f-8568-ae882ce28334Post:47e5443b-3f4a-4074-8d35-5481f0028c1d">Re: The Rapture</a>:
    [QUOTE]I heard Camping's press conference yesterday.  That guy is completely unapologetic.  Oh, and apparently now the Rapture was silent, but the end of the world will be coming on 10/21/2011.  Right, buddy.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

I heard that, too. I'm really dreading another round of this stuff. Then 2012 is right around the corner. I really don't know how much I can take.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish more people would recall Matthew 24:36.  It's never a bad practice to try to live a good life regardless of possible impending doom.  If everyone did that imagine what a place the world would be!

• Options
    doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gah, I read that this morning and had a bit of forehead on palm action.  H said "So, if God already decided, then why should I still strive to be a good person?"  Crazy old dude's "silent judgement" argument makes no sense what.so.ever.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards