Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Currents Ballroom - Adventure Aquarium, Camden, NJ

Hello. I'm looking to plan a wedding at the Currents Ballroom which is part of Adventure Aquarium in Camden. Has anybody had their wedding there or attended an event there? I'm looking to find out anything I can, but especially about the food. They only allow their caterer (ARAMARK) which makes me a little nervous. Let me know. Thanks so much.

Re: Currents Ballroom - Adventure Aquarium, Camden, NJ

• edited December 2011
    I requested information from them a while back - the venue is gorgeous! Aramark does the sport arenas & are pretty reputible so you should be okay.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to their open house and the food was spectacular.  It ended up being out of our price range (they wouldn't negotiate very much), but if they'd come down in price we would have done it in a second.  My FI loves fishing and it would have been perfect.  The view of the city outside is gorgeous also.
  • edited December 2011
    Aramark has different 'levels' of quality.  For something like that, I'm sure it will be fantastic.  My wedding is at the villanova conference center which is also aramark.  The food tasting was great and I just talked to someone who went to a wedding there and loved the food too.
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the food for the ball park, and the food they cater for weddings are very different, and very delicious! I almost chose the aquarium, it looks just beautiful! The pictures you would get from that place are going to be breath taking!
  • edited December 2011
    Did you end up having your wedding at the currents ballroom? I'm thinking of having mine there and wanted to know if you liked it? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards