Michigan-Detroit

Cider Mills!

I don't know about all of you, but I LOVE fall and love that the cider mills are opening, or maybe are already opened now?

What is your favorite cider mill?  I'm always looking for new ones to test out.

Particularly if they have cider slushies....mmmm then I'll be in heaven.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Cider Mills!

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is Yates, mostly because I love the area around it and the working water wheel.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is Yates too, Sue!  It's my most-frequented mill.  So pretty.  And they have such good donuts too.

Last fall FI and I went to Franklin Cider Mill, I think it's in Franklin, MI I guess or maybe Bloomfield Hills?  I can't remember.  They had some really great cider and it was in a very cute historic neighborhood.
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We always went to Parmenters in Northville growing up... I LOVE their doughnuts... they are so good.

IMHO Cider is not the same w/o doughnuts, which are scarce here in the Pacific Northwest... Unfortunately I won't be coming home this fall for any - I may have to beg my mom to put some in her suitcase when she comes to visit next week!!
  • emily1004emily1004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorite was Uncle Johns on 127 in St. Johns. Anytime on the way to or from CMU, or just for the heck of it! I love the free wine tasting!

I also like the Franklin Cider Mill because my DH and I can walk there.

Fall is my favorite time of year! Not too hot, not too cold.
    x
  • edited December 2011
    Apple Charlies in New Boston!...

Thats more so for us Downriver gals. Smile

There is a small one in Ypsilanti...but cant think of the name.

I looooooooove fall too. Thats why we are getting married in October! I just hope the leaves wait about another week or two before they start falling off. I want all of Autumns colors on my wedding day! lol
    Photobucket ~Kat~ wedding websites
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We really like Spicers in Fenton. I don't think they do slushies, that's a new one for me.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_cider-mills?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:2a26aecb-6d79-47bc-adb8-53c632aed0efPost:aeea01d6-0caa-40a0-a79f-10b8e0fc2d35">Re: Cider Mills!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apple Charlies in New Boston!... Thats more so for us Downriver gals. There is a small one in Ypsilanti...but cant think of the name. I looooooooove fall too. Thats why we are getting married in October! I just hope the leaves wait about another week or two before they start falling off. I want all of Autumns colors on my wedding day! lol
    Posted by Starkissedpirate[/QUOTE]

Same here, it's kind o a hike for mebut I love it there!
  • edited December 2011
    Erie Apple orchard in Erie MI!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like Blakes in Romeo (I believe). I also like Panckiewicz which is off of Gratiot at like 29 mile. They are actually the ones doing our caramel apple wedding favors!!! yum!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yates, definitely. I get so sad around this time. Texas doesn't have cider mills and I miss the pretty colors, warm donuts, and fresh cider!
    engagementWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Blakes in Romeo is my favorite too! I love love love it!  This weather makes e want to go now!
  • edited December 2011

I also love Blakes!  We actually just went to Westview at 30 & Van Dyke in Washington on Monday.  I love going to cider mills so much, I try to go as much as I can every fall!

76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second Spicers, it helps that it's only a few blocks away from me! Everything there is great and on "prime" weekends they have fresh kettle corn.

Jen- they do have cider slushies, they are so tasty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    starkissed- the one in ypsi is wairds... it used to be my favorite by far but its starting to get VERY expensive!!! i love apple charlies and farmer charlies!! both are good!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    189 were invited image
    66 are ready to rock!image
    28 are party poopersimage
    95 are lost trying to find the mailboximage
    RSVP Date: January 15 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • weddingcourtweddingcourt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Yates :) It's where we got engaged!
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_cider-mills?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:2a26aecb-6d79-47bc-adb8-53c632aed0efPost:dcd7e2f1-2768-4775-986f-3a37f8614b8e">Re: Cider Mills!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I second Spicers, it helps that it's only a few blocks away from me! Everything there is great and on "prime" weekends they have fresh kettle corn. Jen- they do have cider slushies, they are so tasty!
    Posted by septprincess[/QUOTE]

Ohh, good to hear! I'll have to try one the next time we're there (which should be soon).
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Uncle Johns on 127 in St. Johns.  They also have 'you pick" apple orchards which are fun.  I agree with the other poster, that the free wine samples at their winery is nice as well :)
  • edited December 2011
    I love Franklin Cider Mill!!!  I wait all year to get their cider, its so delicious!  Actually I think they are open now, so I may stop by on my way home and pick up a couple of gallons :-)
    image 280 Invited
    image 250 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: April 2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image ~PlanningBio~
  • edited December 2011
    Parmenters in Northville is one of my favs.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ooo it's nice that there are so many that are agreed upon, because I'd have to do a whole lot of driving to check out too many of these places!

I almost forgot about Blake's.  I'm pretty sure I had gone on multiple field trips there as a child.  For sure I went my sophomore year of high school for my Foods class and we went apple picking.  Gotta love those blow-off classes :]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards