Maryland-Baltimore

reception

I just got engaged and I want to find a nice place to have my reception but resonably priced...any ideas? And how much does an average wedding cost these days?

Re: reception

• angeepangeeangeepangee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement! What type of setting are you thinking of? That will help narrow down locations for you.

The price depends on what all is included. We looked at many places but only went to 2 and the prices and what was included was drastically different. I recommend paying attention to what all is included in the price the locations provide you.

My fiance and I are having our reception at the Mansion at Valley Country Club. We fell in love with the location as soon as we saw it. It has the "feel" that we wanted and was within our budget. I believe they require a minimum of 150 guests but can go up to 190ish.

Best of luck!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Prices can vary drastically and it really all comes down to what your budget is and what you are willing to pay.  On average though a wedding in the Baltimore area is around 20-25K.  But know that you can still plan a very nice wedding for much less.

What area of Maryland were you thinking?  Inside?  Outside?  Ballroom?  Something a little different?  How many guests?  You need to really decide the vision to your wedding before looking at locations.  Knowing your vision will help you know what you need to look for in a venue.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards