Nebraska-Omaha

DESPERATE for a reception location!!

I currently live in Norfolk, Ne and would love to find a private venue to rent either in a barn or on open land to pitch a beautiful white tent. I am hoping for the des moines, Ia area or Norfolk/Omaha area sometime in the early fall. PLEASE HELP ME!  I would love a private residence that is not the typical site as I have attended a million weddings that all begin to look similar and I am hoping for a fresh new location:) Thank you in advance for all of your expertise ladies;)!

Re: DESPERATE for a reception location!!

• RGoodman83RGoodman83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I currently live in Norfolk, Ne and would love to find a private venue to rent either in a barn or on open land to pitch a beautiful white tent. I am hoping for the des moines, Ia area or Norfolk/Omaha area sometime in the early fall. PLEASE HELP ME!  I would love a private residence that is not the typical site as I have attended a million weddings that all begin to look similar and I am hoping for a fresh new location:) Thank you in advance for all of your expertise ladies;)!
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to move you to the Omaha Board, they will be able to help you more with that location!!

Good Luck, and Happy Planning!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    A View West off 156th and Maple is   a really cool space. It's not a private residence, but there is a wonderful view with TONS of windows. There is also this place that is actually looks like a residence but I cannot remember the name. It's somewhere off Dodge I believe, like 40th and Dodge.... sorry I couldn't be of more help!
  • RGoodman83RGoodman83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your help! I am def looking for something very elegant and classy but not stuffy:) I will look into this location for sure! Tahnk you again:)
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for barn types there is always the Ackerhurst Barn in Bennington right outside of Omaha. They usually just call it the big red barn. Here is a slideshow for them:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd94y9oDTg4

There is also Scottlyn Yard as well which has a beautiful field and large barn.
    Here is a link to a slideshow:

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    The barn is booked for the entire year next year and a few dates in 2013...but would be worth the wait! 
  • I am so sad about the barns being booked:(  I don't really want to wait until 2013.  Does anyone know of anyone such as a private residence I can rent or any other barn type locations??????  I am feeling desperate! I wanted something unique but elegant no the typical golf course or hotel reception. I will gladly take all advice;)!!!
  • What about the Fontanelle Forest location? I am looking at them as a possibility for my wedding, too. I am considering them because they have an indoor and an outdoor option so we could have the ceremony outside and the reception inside. 

• I am looking into them! thank you! does anyone know of just a residental lot of land I could rent and pitch a big white tent??  Or how about a beautiful vineyard??  I am just wanting something simple, elegant, and not the typical country club venue, although they are beautiful, they are just not me:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards