New Jersey - South

piano player for cocktail hour - suggestions?

does anyone know of a piano player that would play for the cocktail hour in moorestown/cherry hill(ish) area?  thank you.

Re: piano player for cocktail hour - suggestions?

• try gigsalad.com or decidio.com to look for someone, or craigslist is always great, too. If you're looking to save some money, you could always call a local high school and ask to speak to the music department - they might have some kids who do weekend work (not for free - still expect to pay $75+)
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_piano-player-for-cocktail-hour-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:3c0d4317-a9b2-4508-b354-2c7227d14305Post:5aeaf34a-bcb9-4a7e-b01b-b4e2c159b935">Re: piano player for cocktail hour - suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]try gigsalad.com or decidio.com to look for someone, or craigslist is always great, too. If you're looking to save some money, you could always call a local high school and ask to speak to the music department - they might have some kids who do weekend work (not for free - still expect to pay $75+)
    Posted by krizzo17[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I just found out about gigmasters too.  Definitely gives us some choices.  Have you ever used anyone from gigsalad or decidio?  I know I'm going to have to pay and about $75 to $200 seems to be the bracket for a cocktail hour.  Wanted to get someone professional rather than a high school student.  Nothing against it, but we have the DJ covered through the catering contract and wanted to pick out something else and are willing to pay for it for the cocktail.  Thanks again!
  • I only know those sites because I used to be in a trio that advertised on them, but I've never hired anyone through there myself. From a vendor's perspective, though, both are legit sites.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards