Favors
Options

NYC Themed favor: yay or nay?

Getting married in NYC in October and I was thinking of having a cd for each guest with NYC-inspired songs....think Aleisha Keyes, Frank Sinatra, Billy Joel...there are so many to choose from! 

I guess I have to wonder if anyone uses cds anymore, what with ipods and all.  Although maybe for the car?  Should I just do it for the OOT bags and not for everyone?  I'm open to suggestions!
Thanks!

Re: NYC Themed favor: yay or nay?

• Options
    handmichellehandmichelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its a great idea...if they want to put it on their ipod they can, but  i think it goes well and that people will appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fun!  You could make great CD lables with the skyline or something NYC related on it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the skyline label idea!  Thanks!
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Read the sticky at the top of the board about favors.

dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    super cute idea. 

i'm so over edible favors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'd say no to the cd favor, what about a different new york favor? like I found these new york themed cookies that are super cute.
    http://www.nycwebstore.com/detail.aspx?Product_ID=MBC-NYCC

i say nah to the cd because I personally never have physical cd's anymore, I tend to just buy mp3's , also while I think your song choices rock, that doesn't mean everyone will
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_nyc-themed-favor-yay-nay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:bc9777f3-7bcf-41ee-b085-7833858792aePost:9bbe9fc7-ef08-455e-b109-04b75be90af9">Re: NYC Themed favor: yay or nay?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'd say no to the cd favor, what about a different new york favor? like I found these new york themed cookies that are super cute. <a href="http://www.nycwebstore.com/detail.aspx?Product_ID=MBC-NYCC" rel="nofollow">http://www.nycwebstore.com/detail.aspx?Product_ID=MBC-NYCC</a> i say nah to the cd because I personally never have physical cd's anymore, I tend to just buy mp3's , also while I think your song choices rock, that doesn't mean everyone will
    Posted by dizzinea[/QUOTE]

thats a valid point.
    however, not everyone eats sweets/chocolate/cookies/nuts.  some people are allergic or have other health reasons for not doing so.  if the cd more represents the couple...they should do it.  its impossible to do something that EVERYONE will love.  just playing devil's advocate! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say nay personally. I'd leave it on the table. I like edible favors, maybe from a favorite local chocolateer or mini cookies from a favorite bakery.
  • Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not a huge fan of edible favors, but that debate can go on forever its personal prefrence. I would be impressed with a CD especially if I wasnt from the city. With that said, my friend did CD favors for her wedding last year. Talking about it I told her I loved the idea, when I got the the wedding I was impressed with the custom lables(they had their monogram enhanced to be their names as the label) But its been a year and a half and I have yet to remember to put it in the CD player in my car. However she used all the music from their ceremony/first dances etc. it was kinda like the soundtrack for the wedding.

Cute idea, guests will be impressed with your time and thoughtfullness, if guests will acutally listed to it-I dont know
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_nyc-themed-favor-yay-nay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:bc9777f3-7bcf-41ee-b085-7833858792aePost:d6a9b681-e315-46d6-befa-5d92d871e356">Re: NYC Themed favor: yay or nay?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Read the sticky at the top of the board about favors.
    Posted by CA2MT4EveR[/QUOTE]

Wow so since there is a sticky I guess that answers everything and we can just shut down the board, right?

Seriously get over yourself CAnumbers.

OP, I think it's a cool idea.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Normally I would say don't do CDs as favors.  Every one I got at a wedding wound up in the trash as soon as I got home.  However, there is always an exception and this one may be it.  I love NYC, so this is a CD favor that i would actually use.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend do it at a wedding I went to this year and thought it was really great. They had a huge variety of music across multiple genres so it was really nice. They also had chocolate covered pretzels too. I think they had a fair amount of both left but I feel like you'll have that for any favor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards