Ohio-Columbus

Unique Venue Ideas

Hello!

I am just now beginning my search for a venue. I am not a ball room/hotel/church wedding kind of girl. I want a very unique location where the venue speaks for itself. I am looking in the Columbus or not far from Columbus area. I would love to have the option of setting up the venue the night before. This is what I have so far. 
-white star farm (I like this one a lot, thoughts?)
-Snode restored country barn (I LOVE the pictures. Price and thoughts?)
-Amelita Mirolo barn (price and thoughts?)
-Studio 67
-Dock 580 or the loft
-Olde Gahanna Sanctuary (love the location. price and is it pretty inside?)
-Grange Insurance Audubon Center

I'd love to hear more about these venues...especially price. I am planning my day on a budget. 

Anyone have any other good venues for a decent price. (Under $2,500...I'm cheap).

Thank you!

Re: Unique Venue Ideas

• I contacted Dock580 for next year and they are booked every saturday April-November already :(

Station 67 is really pricey - minimum is $5500 for a saturday :-/

Olde Gahanna Sanctuary - a friend of mine had a *beautiful* wedding there last winter on a ridiculous budget (for example: her dress cost $8). It's definitely on my short list!

Audubon is on my short list too! It's about $3000 plus food from one of many approved caterers. Best money-saver: it is BYOB!

Another cheapie-but-goodie is NorthBank Pavillion but I've heard it is nearly impossible to book :-/ 

Happy hunting! And keep me posted since I'm on the prowl for an inexpensive offbeat venue too (and we're not competing cuz I'm looking at a fall wedding!)

~Sarah

• <div>Thank you soooooo much for all your help! I truly appreciate it. I'll keep you updated as well :)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_unique-venue-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:39e7f37a-748c-47bc-97f0-c16b55493b0dPost:a81fd0ea-b648-46e4-b24f-31d7193e24b6">Re: Unique Venue Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I contacted Dock580 for next year and they are booked every saturday April-November already :( Station 67 is really pricey - minimum is $5500 for a saturday :-/ Olde Gahanna Sanctuary - a friend of mine had a *beautiful* wedding there last winter on a ridiculous budget (for example: her dress cost $8). It's definitely on my short list! Audubon is on my short list too! It's about $3000 plus food from one of many approved caterers. Best money-saver: it is BYOB! Another cheapie-but-goodie is NorthBank Pavillion but I've heard it is nearly impossible to book :-/  Happy hunting! And keep me posted since I'm on the prowl for an inexpensive offbeat venue too (and we're not competing cuz I'm looking at a fall wedding!) ~Sarah
    Posted by srbardwell[/QUOTE]
  • I am using the Olde Gahanna Sanctuary myself and I am in love with it. The price and the flexibility are my two favorite aspects of it. We are bringing in our own alcohol and catering which is keeping costs wayyy down and Christy, one of the people there is soooo nice and helpful!
  • <div>I hope this isn't rude...but can I ask how much you are paying for it? Are you getting it for one day? all day? or a friday night too?</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_unique-venue-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:39e7f37a-748c-47bc-97f0-c16b55493b0dPost:7bb8c39d-d420-4bae-8d29-42c5b3e6e228">Re: Unique Venue Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using the Olde Gahanna Sanctuary myself and I am in love with it. The price and the flexibility are my two favorite aspects of it. We are bringing in our own alcohol and catering which is keeping costs wayyy down and Christy, one of the people there is soooo nice and helpful!
    Posted by MrsColeman2012[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://columbus.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_unique-venue-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:39e7f37a-748c-47bc-97f0-c16b55493b0dPost:33d71670-932c-4c08-8cd7-2139c2aee098">Unique Venue Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I am just now beginning my search for a venue. I am not a ball room/hotel/church wedding kind of girl. I want a very unique location where the venue speaks for itself. I am looking in the Columbus or not far from Columbus area. I would love to have the option of setting up the venue the night before. This is what I have so far.  -white star farm (I like this one a lot, thoughts?) -Snode restored country barn (I LOVE the pictures. Price and thoughts?) -Amelita Mirolo barn (price and thoughts?) -Studio 67 -Dock 580 or the loft -Olde Gahanna Sanctuary (love the location. price and is it pretty inside?) -Grange Insurance Audubon Center I'd love to hear more about these venues...especially price. I am planning my day on a budget.  Anyone have any other good venues for a decent price. (Under $2,500...I'm cheap). Thank you!
    Posted by laurclark11[/QUOTE]

Recently I did weddings at White Star Barn......The Vault, BoMa, Kelton House, Ohio Historical Society and the Best place so far was the Cultural Arts Center.. Wedding was outside in garden and cocktail hour and music and the dinner we did was inside the arts center among beautiful artwork.

Hope this helps!

Nancy Plassman
    Director of Catering, Carfagna
  • We are holding our ceremony at Chadwick Arboretum and reception at the North Market's Dispatch Kitchen. It's allowed us to use exactly the kind of local vendors we wanted, and it's been so great working with everyone so far. Good luck!!
  • Did you decide on a barn? We also want a romantic rustic feel and are currently looking at white star farms!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards