Nevada-Las Vegas

Last minute help!! (Liquor, grocery, DD Bus, Red Rock)

I LEAVE TO-FREAKING-MORROW.
I can't even describe the excitement/panic/fear/anticipation I'm feeling right now, but I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway...
Can I get some help on locations/addresses/directions for the following:

1. Where is the best/cheapest liquor store? Is it Lee's? The only close-ish Lee's I find is way out on Flamingo Rd. Is that correct? We'll have a car, so whatever.

2. Albertsons vs Fresh-n-Easy. Which is better/closer? Do they have alcohol?

3. Does anyone have the address for where you drop off drinks for the Double Decker Bus?

4. How the EFF do you get to Red Rock Canyon? We're trying to print off directions for people, but I can't find a good address or anything.

Re: Last minute help!! (Liquor, grocery, DD Bus, Red Rock)

• edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, I have no answers for you but I am SO excited for you!!!!  Have a blast :)
  • AndrealkeAndrealke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to live in Vegas and the answer to 4. is take Charleston Blvd straight up and you won't miss it!  
  • edited December 2011
    1.  I'm pretty sure Lee's would have the best prices on liquor...there is one located on Las Vegas Blvd., about 5 miles south of Mandalay Bay.

2.  I would probably say Albertson's.  They have a full range of liquor and they are located closer to the Strip than Fresh n Easy.  There is an Albertson's on the corner of Maryland Parkway & Flamingo, about 2 miles from the Strip. I know Fresh n Easy sells wine but I'm not sure about hard liquor.

4.  I don't think there is an actual address for Red Rock Canyon that you could type into Mapquest.  It is located on State Route 159, about 25 miles from the Strip.  You would go north on Las Vegas Blvd. (towards the Stratosphere) and make a left on W. Charleston Blvd, which turns into State Route 159.  You would just follow this road for about 20 miles you'll run right into Red Rock.  They have a visitor center and scenic drive right near the park entrance.

HTH, and congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sure most off-strip liquor stores will not be enough of an amount different in price that it would be worth going too far out of your way for, but Lee's did have good prices, and possibly of more interest, they have absolutely everything, including probably 20 coolers of hard to find beers in case that's of any interest.  The one I went to was 9110 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89123 which is a few miles down the strip from Mandalay; takes maybe 5 minutes from the time you pull out of MB's garage.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We found everything we needed at Albertsons.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• edited December 2011
    1. Where is the best/cheapest liquor store? Is it Lee's? The only close-ish Lee's I find is way out on Flamingo Rd. Is that correct? We'll have a car, so whatever.
    That Lee's is less than 5 miles from the Platinum.

2. Albertsons vs Fresh-n-Easy. Which is better/closer? Do they have alcohol?
    I like fresh and easy better as far as prices go. But it really depends what kind of food your after.
    F&E has a lot of prepackaged, preseasoned meals that are good for 1 or 2 people, butr they aslo do have a bunch of party trays as well. They only sell beer & wine, no hard liquer. Most of the items there are no preservatives, a lot of store brand (which is really good), It's over all a smaller grocery store, oh and all the store is self checkout only (part of what keeps costs down) I shop at F&E as my main grocery store. Tropicana/Eastern
    Albertson's is exactly like you local Jewel-Osco, Dominicks, etc. Large grocery store. Sells beer, wine, liquer . Alberston's is right by Lee's, Flamingo/Maryland PKY

.3. Does anyone have the address for where you drop off drinks for the Double Decker Bus?
    Sorry no help there

4. How the EFF do you get to Red Rock Canyon? We're trying to print off directions for people, but I can't find a good address or anything.
    I-15 south, 215 west (LV beltway), exit Charlston Blv west, will be on the right side (this is based on going to Calico Basin) 
    FYI the I-15 was under a sh!tload of construction

and, OMG, I can't believe it's time! I can't wait to hear all the details. Have a fabulous wedding
  • edited December 2011

Just wanted to say congrats and I hope you have a blast!

• simoniksimonik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No clue BUT have a blast and Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

• themrsJRDthemrsJRD member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm interested in the answers to your questions as well so no help there but I hope y'all have a wonderful time!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Can't wait for pics and reviews!
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to say CONGRATS!!!!

Have a BLAST!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Natrasha!! I am so very excited for you! I don't have the adderss for Double Decker but when I last emailed them they said to make sure we let them know when we will be dropping the stuff off so that they can make sure someone is in the office so you should probably call ahead so they know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mango9Mango9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there!  Congrats so excited for you!!

I just did a double decker bus tour and we didn't drop off, but if you call them they will tell you where they are located and work out a good time, as they have kind of odd hours. 

For alcohol we had every intention of gong to Lee's but ended up at costco which was a better choice for us, as both families can put them back (If I told you the amount of beer/ hard liquor we went though in 3 days it would disgust you).  I was just amazed that you could get hard liquor at costco, we can't here in VT.  

Have a great time!!!!

• cpaquette07cpaquette07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For liquor, we went to The Liquor Outlet on Warm Springs Road (5 minutes off the strip)  and I highly recommend it. I emailed Jack a few months prior and gave him a list of what we wanted and he gave his input in to how much we would need for the amount of people we had (we actually asked for too much and he told it wasn't necessary). He said he would have it all ready for us the day we were picking it up but due to the fact that my email wasn't working (and he emailed me about 5 times in the previous two days) he didn't actually have it ready because he wasn't sure that we were actually coming... no big deal, he and his team put everything together for us in a matter of minutes and he loaded it all into the back of our limo. Jack was fantastic, his prices were incredibly reasonable and we ended up having quite a bit of alcohol left which we gave away to friends to bring home.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Drop off for double decker!  You need to call them and arrange a pick-up time because they share the location with many other vendors.  Their number should be on the website you can call and arrange the drop off the day before the wedding or so.  They will hold and (I believe) ice the drinks for you.  But make sure on the icing part...  I had a relative do the drop off for me as we had a hiccup that prevented me from going there person.

Have a wonderful time and I'm looking forward to your recap and pics!  :D

• edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!! I called DD last night, and they are actually picking up a party tomorrow night at Planet Hollywood, and she said we could drop off our booze then, rather than going all the way out to them. Sweet! Judy was so nice to talk to.

You know who else is a hoot to talk to? Debi at Fit for a Bride. She's all "honey, sweetie, baby, you drop your dress off whenever you want." She was hilarious.

So... yeah. I'm at work for the next 3.5 hours. And then ADIOS RAINY MILWAUKEE!!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome, Trashie!!!!  I'm SO excited for you!  Your wedding is going to be amazing.  And I'm sure the weather will be so much more fantastic than this crap here in the midwest ;)

Early congrats, have a blast, enjoy your day, safe travels!!!
  • MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wish I could crash your wedding!  :)
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards