Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Opinions please!!

It's been a while since I have lived in Iowa- I'm an ISU grad and am helping a friend with weddings.  Tell me the scoop on the Ames wedding landscape.  Where are the best places to hold your reception.  Probably 200ish people.  Any pros / cons with any places?  THANKS LADIES!!!

Re: Opinions please!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I don't know much about Ames, but there is a new ISU Alumni Center. It looks pretty nice. It's right around the Hilton/Jack Trice area. The real entrance is on that side street, but the back of it faces the parking lots of Hilton (if that makes sense).
    Otherwise, I've attended a wedding a church (can't remember the name) near North Grand Mall and the reception was at Hickory Hall, with Hickory Park catering - yum!

• Options
    mpayseurmpayseur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Reiman Gardens is a great venue. It is rather expensive for 200+ people, but you could have the wedding and ceremony and the price might be comparable. The only down side to a wedding on campus is you have to use Campus caterers. While they are very flexible and accommodating, some people prefer to be able to choose. Hope this helps!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards