Military Brides
Options

This really just happened..

FI called me at work to tell me goodnight, here's how the conversation went:

Me: "The Rangers just lost."

FI: "I didn't know they were playing."

Me: "um...yeah, this thing called the World Series-ever heard of it?"

FI: "I never understood why they call it the World Series when only our country plays in it."

Me: "Maybe if you watched sports you would know."

FI :"Sports are overrated. I was couponing."

I literally LOL'd. I was watching the World Series, and FI was couponing. I think our unusual roles will work well together in life.
imageimage
Wedding Countdown Ticker
MUST HAVES: Clothes, Groom
WISHES: Wedding planner(check!), Honeymoon, Blue Petyl Bouquet

Re: This really just happened..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This made me giggle!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haaa that's great!
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That definately made me laugh, and I mean out loud!
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this!!! Fall Sundays are like this in our house. They go like this:

H: How many football games are you watching today?
    Me: Ummmmm, not all of them? Let me see who's playing....
    H: Fine. I'll be cleaning the bathroom.
    Me: Can you make me a sandwich first?? <--he did NOT end up making me a sandwich...
  • Options
    ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That's kind of like me and H with hockey. Except he does understand it, I'm just way more into it. We bought the hockey package this year because I requested it. 
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_this-really-just-happened?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:21f58ad7-8107-427e-93fb-1ad5a922a987Post:974398ad-fd7d-4fa0-985d-65747c993cd1">Re: This really just happened..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love this!!! Fall Sundays are like this in our house. They go like this: H: How many football games are you watching today? Me: Ummmmm, not all of them? Let me see who's playing.... H: Fine. I'll be cleaning the bathroom. Me: Can you make me a sandwich first?? <--he did NOT end up making me a sandwich...
    Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup, except he won't clean but I will get a sandwich. </div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_this-really-just-happened?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:21f58ad7-8107-427e-93fb-1ad5a922a987Post:2730b88a-22a7-4edd-b0ae-97202eab74b8">Re: This really just happened..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This really just happened.. : Yup, except he won't clean but I will get a sandwich. 
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]
    Currently I'm ok with getting a clean bathroom out of the deal but we'll see how long that lasts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    H and I have compromised that no matter where we are we will have the Hockey Package for him, and the College Football package with all the conferences, for me.   H grew up playing hockey so he's mildly obsessed, and I'm simply obsessed with College football.  Plus I agree to root for the Sharks if he does for Alabama, and all my other teams. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    FI used to be a star football player in highschool, the sort of guy you would expect to watch football all day every day.... But, when I met him in college he HATED to watch football. He explained that he couldn't watch and enjoy the game because he would rather be playing....and if he doesn't have a connection to the game why would he sit on the couch and watch it.

Which I agree with him on that. I watch my college football team play... not because they are nationally ranked, not because they are in my home town, not even because my parents are huge fans. I watch them because I know guys on the team and I support them and I support my university. I often wonder why people get so attached to football teams if they didn't go to the university... 

Haha, Sorry I went on a random tangent, FI is the same way, he is way crafty, a good cook, and doesn't mind doing laundry and I am just blah.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HAHA so funny! My news feed last night was blowing up with world series stuff
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_this-really-just-happened?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:21f58ad7-8107-427e-93fb-1ad5a922a987Post:91aa4227-13bd-481c-b053-9949662c8e28">Re: This really just happened..</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI used to be a star football player in highschool, the sort of guy you would expect to watch football all day every day.... But, when I met him in college he HATED to watch football. He explained that he couldn't watch and enjoy the game because he would rather be playing....and if he doesn't have a connection to the game why would he sit on the couch and watch it. Which I agree with him on that. <strong>I watch my college football team play... not because they are nationally ranked, not because they are in my home town, not even because my parents are huge fans. I watch them because I know guys on the team and I support them and I support my university. I often wonder why people get so attached to football teams if they didn't go to the university...  </strong>Haha, Sorry I went on a random tangent, FI is the same way, he is way crafty, a good cook, and doesn't mind doing laundry and I am just blah.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna be honest, generally I like you, but when you talk about sports, namely college football, you come off as really snotty and quite frankly you just piss me off.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't mean to be snotty. Truly, unintentional by all means! I guess I don't understand being a fan of something I don't have any invested interest in. Sorry it pisses you off!

Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_this-really-just-happened?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:21f58ad7-8107-427e-93fb-1ad5a922a987Post:5640ea79-3e51-40a1-8693-566a972da74a">Re: This really just happened..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't mean to be snotty. Truly, unintentional by all means! I guess I don't understand being a fan of something I don't have any invested interest in. Sorry it pisses you off!
    But I mean, I've never been (nor will I ever be) a Red Sox. Or a Giant. And I was a Husky but I'm not a basketball fan so I follow other football teams. Navy for instance--we had season tickets a few years ago and looooved it! And H isn't Navy. So I guess we're not "invested" in that either. I wouldn't really go judging why someone likes a particular team. Sometimes it's handed down through families. Sometimes it's cause they have cute uniforms. I mean, who givesafuck? 
  • Options
    melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_this-really-just-happened?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:21f58ad7-8107-427e-93fb-1ad5a922a987Post:5640ea79-3e51-40a1-8693-566a972da74a">Re: This really just happened..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't mean to be snotty. Truly, unintentional by all means! <strong>I guess I don't understand being a fan of something I don't have any invested interest in.</strong> Sorry it pisses you off!
    Because sometimes, especially in the South where football is practically a religion, your invested interest is the fact that you've grown up watching the games, going to games, and supporting your team through thick and thin. Personally, I think that shows a whole lot more invested interest than just going to the university.

I realize you might not mean to sound that way, but Sami's right. A lot of times when college football comes up, you end up sounding pretty snotty.
  • Options
    shayNnikshayNnik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, those Rangers sure did play a good 7 games...
    imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MUST HAVES: Clothes, Groom
    WISHES: Wedding planner(check!), Honeymoon, Blue Petyl Bouquet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards