July 2012 Weddings

Surprise!

I was pleasantly surprised with my first shower this weekend.  I thought I was attending a make up event with my FMIL(that is what she does).  But little did I know the room was filled with my family and friends.  I had such a great time and excited for the next one.  I am from NJ but now live in MA so to accomidate I knew two had been planned....
I was also super grateful to get some amazing gifts and all things on my registry.

Anyone else having a surprise shower???

Re: Surprise!

• How fun! I love surprises!!

Actually it'd not be a surprise if we know we're having one, so I'm sure nobody here knows they're going to have a surprise shower!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know I am having a shower but I have no idea when it is.
  • I actually do know I am having a surprise shower...lol.  I know one is being planned but have no idea where it is being held or when it is going to be.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_surprise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a1429d06-fbda-4429-9db1-cc1d35c46d5ePost:d6e58add-1fa8-4e31-8b9f-ace578e4bda1">Re: Surprise!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually do know I am having a surprise shower...lol.  I know one is being planned but have no idea where it is being held or when it is going to be.
    Posted by BeabullMom[/QUOTE]

That's funny! Ok I suppose some people may know they're having a surprise shower after all :)
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know I am having a shower but the details are being kept secret from me.  I have a feeling that I know the date and place, because we got invited to a brunch for FI's aunt and uncle's anniversary, and his family doesn't do things like that normally so I am a bit suspicious.

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_surprise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a1429d06-fbda-4429-9db1-cc1d35c46d5ePost:7c5632e9-1a76-445c-a5f4-9c055712d88b">Surprise!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was pleasantly surprised with my first shower this weekend.  I thought I was attending a make up event with my FMIL(that is what she does).  But little did I know the room was filled with my family and friends.  I had such a great time and excited for the next one.  I am from NJ but now live in MA so to accomidate I knew two had been planned.... I was also super grateful to get some amazing gifts and all things on my registry. Anyone else having a surprise shower???
    Posted by MM5678[/QUOTE]

Aw. That's awesome. :o)

I honestly have no idea if my mom is planning one or not. I took June 3rd off work to study for finals - and I'm going to offer it to her if she's wanting to throw a shower for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards